Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

how is bussines clas with Korean air?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2006, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ,starwood gold, fairmont premier,Aeromexico Platino

I am planning on booking a fligt bussines class from LAX to Beijing through Seoul with Korean.
Is the best fare but i am not sure what to expect.
Any advise?
Thanks a lot
Old Aug 2, 2006, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC
You will enjoy the new seats and the AVODs and the food... esp on the legs departing from ICN.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
KE is just fine in Business class. From LAX I'd suggest taking KE 18 from LAX since that flight has the updated seating and IFE everyday. Even if your aircraft has the older seating, the in flight service is warm and consistent; the airplanes clean; the rest rooms clean (the FA monitor the lavs and make sure they are in good shape; the food is ok and the flights depart and arrive on time. There is also a daily 747 flight leaving near midnight that connects better to the Beijing daily flight from Inchon. This flight also has updated seats and IFE. Most of the flights also offer in-flight internet access, for a fee. I was an the updated seat on a trip in June and found it to be very comfortable. I was even able to sleep soundly, rather than a fitful toss and turn nap. The seat goes completely flat but at an 170º angle. I found it more comfortable to adjust the seat a bit so I did not slip down towards the floor while sleep. Fly KE, the trip will be fine.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 12:38 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
If you like to have wine WITH your food rather than after, I would suggest you tell the FAs. It is one of two gripes I have with KE (3 if you count the old seats, but I can avoid them). The other is they do not bring you water during the flight. And the glasses are too small, so you run out of wine and water quikly.
But as bescobar says, the new seats are good and the in flight internet is a good thing too.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: ,starwood gold, fairmont premier,Aeromexico Platino
Thank you all for your input!
I just booked my flights, the long haul ones are number 12 from LAX to Seoul and 11 from Seoul to LAX. Not sure if they have the new seats on these flights. I requested seats on the upper deck. Row 17 with a window i think!!
Old Aug 4, 2006, 11:09 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Silver, SPG GOLD, Hertz PC
I was wondering the same thing about the Business Class seats on KE. I have a flight from Chicago to Seoul to New Zealand in Business Class, January 2007.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 4:37 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BLAHBLAHDELTA
I was wondering the same thing about the Business Class seats on KE. I have a flight from Chicago to Seoul to New Zealand in Business Class, January 2007.

You can find out about the new inflight service availability on the following webpage:

http://www.koreanair.com/local/na/gd..._ne_060427.htm

And it looks like ICN-AKL looks like it's not yet on the list.. but this list might be a little bit outdated so you might want to call the res desk to see.

Old Aug 5, 2006, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
Re: inflight service. DeltaFlyingProf is correct about the small glass used to serve water.

I choose not to consume alcohol, but I believe there is a wine glass on the tray with each meal. During the meal service the staff comes by with 2 or 3 bottles of wine in a wicker bottle holder offering wine to the passenger. During meal service the staff is constantly going up and down the asile with service items. It is easy to ask that your glass of water be kept filled. Sometimes the FA will notice this preference and anticipate you request.

After the meal service, when cabin is darkened, you can get the small aerosol spray of water to keep your face hydrated and access the water and ice set up, with nuts and cookies. On the upper deck of a 747, these are set up between the last row of seats and the galley. Additionally, I sometimes grab a few bottles of water from the depature lounge to tide me over during the long flight.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Auracon
You can find out about the new inflight service availability on the following webpage:

http://www.koreanair.com/local/na/gd..._ne_060427.htm

And it looks like ICN-AKL looks like it's not yet on the list.. but this list might be a little bit outdated so you might want to call the res desk to see.

I don't know if this was posted somewhere else, but I wanted to thank you for posting the link. Looks like a lot of the NA flights have been upgraded, which is great.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 5:10 am

KE - bad seats, bumpy landing

Originally Posted by bescobar
KE is just fine in Business class. ... Even if your aircraft has the older seating, the in flight service is warm and consistent; the airplanes clean; the rest rooms clean (the FA monitor the lavs and make sure they are in good shape; the food is ok and the flights depart and arrive on time. ...
I flew KE on Aug 5 from SFO - Seoul - BKK. Both flights had the older seats. I found them very uncomfortable - they don't extend very far and the legrests and foot rest came up way too high so I ended up with a bad backache. I would not recommend the older seats for a long trip.

The food (especially Korean Bibumbop dish) was good, as were the wines and champagne. The service was friendly.

The landing in BKK was the second worst I have experienced (after an Air Afrique flight at Dakar) - the plane bumped up and down 4 times and careened from right to left. Not funny.

I won't be rushing back to KE anytime soon. Prefer SQ, CX, or MH any day.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 1:33 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by hegira
I flew KE on Aug 5 from SFO - Seoul - BKK. Both flights had the older seats. I found them very uncomfortable - they don't extend very far and the legrests and foot rest came up way too high so I ended up with a bad backache. I would not recommend the older seats for a long trip.

The food (especially Korean Bibumbop dish) was good, as were the wines and champagne. The service was friendly.

The landing in BKK was the second worst I have experienced (after an Air Afrique flight at Dakar) - the plane bumped up and down 4 times and careened from right to left. Not funny.

I won't be rushing back to KE anytime soon. Prefer SQ, CX, or MH any day.
Sorry to hear about your landing. I have not had a bad landing. BUT I have posted before that the old seats do break my back just like yours.
I specifically avoid flights 1 and 2 because they have the old seats and I prefer to go through ICN from NRT. The day they have the new seats on flight 1 and 2 I will consider taking the more direct route.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ozstamps

I notice KE811/812 to Sydney is on this list, but no new seats are indicated.

I am flying that shortly - does that mean there are old seats on the A330-300?

Anyone know if they run the 2 class or the 3 class planes to Sydney?
Any input on this? I fly out in a few days.

Last edited by ozstamps; Aug 21, 2006 at 3:37 am
Old Aug 21, 2006, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Opps .. managed to edit out most of my earlier post!

Anyway .. does anyone know the answer?
Old Aug 21, 2006, 3:48 am
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
Looks like flights to and from CDG aren't on the list yet. Perhaps I'll have to fly Air France, then, unless I want to connect through Frankfurt.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 8:08 pm

I Just booked my flight to Manila on korea Air. I talked to the LA reservations deks and they said the flights leaving at 12:30am and 12:30pm from LAX to ICN had the new seats (I believe flts 11/12 and 17/18).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.