Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH-ICN direct route again?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2022, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

ZRH-ICN direct route again?

Hi all
Pre-covid there were two ZRH-ICN carriers - KE and LX. Now, neither of them are flying direct to ICN. Any updates on if/when this route will again be flown? thanks

Also, I see https://www.flightsfrom.com/ICN-ZRH where it shows T/TH/Sat flights are direct ZRH to ICN. However, I can't seem to book any of these on the koreanair.com website. Says sold out on all the dates?? Flights don't even come up on Google Flights. Any suggestions? Thank you

Last edited by MitzEclipse; Dec 22, 2022 at 6:34 pm
Old Dec 25, 2022, 8:47 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I just did a quick Korean news search and nothing except a general article "they are not operating Zurich, Madrid, Tel Aviv, Istanbul, Prague, Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Vladivostok. Keep an eye on their Insta or Facebook for the random announcement if and when it comes back.
MitzEclipse likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 5:47 pm

LX has not operated ICN.. ever (except a few cargo flights) as KE has a 3-flight per week monopoly on that route.

This will change from 2024 where 6-flights per week will be allowed and KE will lose exclusivity.

For the Zurich flight, I’d bet on a comeback from this spring to be announced soon.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benji2227
LX has not operated ICN.. ever (except a few cargo flights) as KE has a 3-flight per week monopoly on that route.

This will change from 2024 where 6-flights per week will be allowed and KE will lose exclusivity.

For the Zurich flight, I’d bet on a comeback from this spring to be announced soon.
Thanks for the info. Wasn't aware of the exclusivity. I am aiming to be there spring 2023 so I'll wait next time for the 2024 direct flights...thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2023, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
Thanks for the info. Wasn't aware of the exclusivity. I am aiming to be there spring 2023 so I'll wait next time for the 2024 direct flights...thanks!
Great news, it was announced this Friday that they resumed ticketing for the Zurich route, flights starting from 28th March.
Tue, Thu, Sat.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 5:36 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by benji2227
Great news, it was announced this Friday that they resumed ticketing for the Zurich route, flights starting from 28th March.
Tue, Thu, Sat.
I'll be on the 2nd KE flight ICN-ZRH on March 30...
benji2227 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! I booked the direct in the coming weeks - though it's almost double of other options with a layover...eek. What's even better is I noticed K-ETA not required for US Citizens from April 2023-Dec 2024! Saves some admin hassle

https://kr.usembassy.gov/033123-mess...o-dec-31-2024/
benji2227 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.