KE J Service

Old Dec 17, 2022, 1:33 am
Original Poster

KE J Service

How is KE Prestige class service nowadays?

Are they back to pre covid levels?
Read some reviews recently where they were really bad...

Thanks!
Old Dec 18, 2022, 10:09 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Specifically, bad in what way? I mean they're back to normal in all cabins. Full food service, duty free sales, etc. They even have new food menu items in all classes.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

Read some reviews that they ran out of food etc and didnt have full biz service after travel restarted
maybe they fixed everything now.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 5:52 pm

I’d they are mostly back. Stopped serving drinks in plastic mugs… etc.
I’d even say there are some improvements (business class meals on Europe flights are nicer and served on a real.. round plate… instead of that tiny rectangular plate that looked more like a premium-eco experience.)
HawaiiO likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Recently took Prestige class and service is back to what it was preCovid.
Food, service all back to normal.

IFE has actually got a lot better!
Much much more Korean and Western movies.
Winterpeg007 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Recently took Prestige class and service is back to what it was preCovid.
Food, service all back to normal.

IFE has actually got a lot better!
Much much more Korean and Western movies.
+1. Service was definitely similar (if not better in certain respects) to pre-COVID. Food (I only chose the Korean options) was better, and agreed that IFE selection seemed improved.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 9:45 pm

Please direct me to another thread if it covers this, but:

Which Europe routes will reliably get Apex configs? It seems like 777s are intermittently subbed even on premium routes like JFK and LHR? Is CDG safe with the 747? Are 787 ports safe from substitution to a 2-3-2 777?
Old Jul 11, 2023, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by BernardBlack
Please direct me to another thread if it covers this, but:

Which Europe routes will reliably get Apex configs? It seems like 777s are intermittently subbed even on premium routes like JFK and LHR? Is CDG safe with the 747? Are 787 ports safe from substitution to a 2-3-2 777?
CDG is pretty safe, but there is a chance that the original plane is not avaliable. For a premium heavy route, they make every effort to replace to an aircraft with comparable seats. From my expirence, YVR lost the 787 for a couple months, but that was replaced with an A330 with the apex suites. So 787 ports that are within the A330s range are safe, but if it is longer, :/ YMMV.
BernardBlack likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
How is KE Prestige class service nowadays?

Are they back to pre covid levels?
Read some reviews recently where they were really bad...

Thanks!
Not to mention, they now have a book the cook service!
Old Aug 18, 2023, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by yoonland
Not to mention, they now have a book the cook service!
what is book the cook service? I just booked ICN - LAX in the a380
Old Aug 19, 2023, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by cdl1012
what is book the cook service? I just booked ICN - LAX in the a380
I think he meant the « pre-book » the menu option for flights in J from ICN.

I usually do that as it also gives you 2-3 extra options off the menu (and in theory reduces food wastage by over loading food to cover all passenger preferences).
yoonland likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 6:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Gold
Meh.
My flights ICN-AMS-ICN in March and SEA-ICN-BKK-ICN-LAS were certainly not where they were during COVID, but they are still obviously cutting some corners. For example, salad dressings were cheap packets that reminded me of dips you get at American fast food places for chicken nuggets. On 6 of these flights, the same salad course was served: unripened tomatoes with mozzarella. Entrées seem smaller. I was also asked, in F on my ICN-BKK leg if I "wouldn't mind a business class meal as we ran out of first class meals." I was fine with this (as the meals are usually the same, anyway, they just serve the meals in first class on china, course-by-course, not on a tray like in business), but was then told that I couldn't have the steak I ordered as they ran out of those. In flying KE for over a decade roughly 6-8 times each year, this has never happened. Beverage service is back fully.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 2:22 am

Totally agree regarding how they serve salad dressing in business or variety for starters (but this was already pre-covid).

I did note however a big improvement on Europe routes compared to pre-covid where plating in business is now made on large round plates (instead of pre-plated china trays - Premium Economy style). This has a big impact on the meal experience.

Large pillows are also offered now in J, as opposed to the tiny ridiculous « pillow » pre-covid.

Regarding the issues you faced with the meals (I didn’t know they offered F to BKK..? Just the F seats, no F soft product), I’d recommend writing them a short complaint. They usually take each complaint seriously and do their research on what happened.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.