Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Adding my parents to Korean Air Skypass

Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this has been answered before but I really need some guidance here. I am trying to add my parents to my skypass account so I can use my miles to send them to Korea. I have no clue what document I could send to show proof they are my parents. We moved to the states from Korea back in 1990 so we really don't have any birth certificate that is within 1 year that qualifies.

Has anyone added their parents and if so, what specific document did you send to get accepted?

Thanks so much in advance.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:56 pm

I added my Dad a number of years ago. However, what I think what I did was I added myself to his account since I had my own birth certificate and could provide that through his account to show my birthday and my connection to him. Once I was added as a family member to him, he showed up as a family member to me in my account.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amazingjames
I added my Dad a number of years ago. However, what I think what I did was I added myself to his account since I had my own birth certificate and could provide that through his account to show my birthday and my connection to him. Once I was added as a family member to him, he showed up as a family member to me in my account.
Thanks for the reply. The only issue here is I was born in Korea so I have no idea where I would get that. I just noticed you are in Northern VA. I am too haha.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by blackmamba328
Thanks for the reply. The only issue here is I was born in Korea so I have no idea where I would get that. I just noticed you are in Northern VA. I am too haha.
Sorry, my mistake. I somehow misread it as you just didn't have your parents'. I would try calling or emailing KAL to see, if you haven't already. I'm guessing you may need several docs. Something showing you associated with them (which likely won't have a DOB) and then passport copies or other ID with the DOB.

That's cool on the location. There's quite the Korean population here, so not too surprising I guess, haha.

Good luck!
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, my mistake. I somehow misread it as you just didn't have your parents'. I would try calling or emailing KAL to see, if you haven't already. I'm guessing you may need several docs. Something showing you associated with them (which likely won't have a DOB) and then passport copies or other ID with the DOB.

That's cool on the location. There's quite the Korean population here, so not too surprising I guess, haha.

Good luck!
Yeah I tried calling them but they recommended Family Census Certificate or Household Certificate issued within 1 year which I have no clue where to get either. And I don't live with them so not sure how a Family Census or Household Cert will help. I've tried googling and can't find anything.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by blackmamba328
Yeah I tried calling them but they recommended Family Census Certificate or Household Certificate issued within 1 year which I have no clue where to get either. And I don't live with them so not sure how a Family Census or Household Cert will help. I've tried googling and can't find anything.
Did you never live with them after moving here, or just not currently? If you moved here in time for the 1990 census or still lived with them for the 2000 census, you can request a an official transcript of the record from the US Census Bureau which would include all household members, relationships, and their birthdays. It will cost you $65 it looks like, so that may affect whether it's a worthwhile approach. Worst case is they reject it and you're out a little money. That's my next best guess for your options. Hopefully someone else can respond with something more sure. It sucks KAL is so particular on their point sharing.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Did you never live with them after moving here, or just not currently? If you moved here in time for the 1990 census or still lived with them for the 2000 census, you can request a an official transcript of the record from the US Census Bureau which would include all household members, relationships, and their birthdays. It will cost you $65 it looks like, so that may affect whether it's a worthwhile approach. Worst case is they reject it and you're out a little money. That's my next best guess for your options. Hopefully someone else can respond with something more sure. It sucks KAL is so particular on their point sharing.
Yeah I'll reach out to US Census Bureau and see if I can get that transcript. Thanks for all your help with this.
amazingjames likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.