Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Can different person sign up for the targetted skypass offer?

Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Hey all,
My dad currently got targetted for the sky pass visa 45k offer via mail today. However, he doesn't like creating new accounts, especially with annual fees.
I've been wanting to make one because I fly with Korean Airline a lot.

Does anybody know if I can sign up with my information and still get the 45k bonus miles?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Nope - Korean Air is very strict about mileage account holder only getting miles - you can't even share miles unless you are officially registered family and you show proof. And even then, you can only share miles when you are trying to buy a ticket and your own account doesn't have enough - it's not a free trade.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 9:40 am

To add what mikesaidyes stated:
The credit card is issued by US Bank (one of the more finicky banks, IMO). I doubt they'd take kindly to mis-matched names/addresses.

Given that AA went after folks for using other people's offers, I wouldn't chance it in this case either.

Your best bet is to try to get onto the mailing list and hopefully they'll target you as well. I get offers all the time (past card holder) but never the 45k one (the usual stingy 30k one--LOL).
Old Jan 20, 2022, 5:48 pm

I signed up for a biz card offer targeted to the previous owner of my house in early 2019 without problem. Things could be different now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.