Update: Award Space for 2021/2022

Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Update: Award Space for 2021/2022

Just an FYI - I'm burning miles to go to my Dad's 70th next year....there are stillllllll VERY FEW award seats. It seems as if they are only releasing seats on Tues/Wed only and there are just max 3 seats per day.....of course I'm looking FAR IN ADVANCE like literally June 2022 already.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Well I mean it depends on the route right but I just managed to book JFK - ICN on F for 2 on a Friday flight out in Nov 2021 with return in Jan 2022 and a J class from ICN - DPS in Dec 2021 for 4x people so there is availability it just depends on the route
Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
Well I mean it depends on the route right but I just managed to book JFK - ICN on F for 2 on a Friday flight out in Nov 2021 with return in Jan 2022 and a J class from ICN - DPS in Dec 2021 for 4x people so there is availability it just depends on the route
Yup I'm looking for ICN-ATL/ATL-ICN only
Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Yup I'm looking for ICN-ATL/ATL-ICN only
Why do you necessarily need the nonstop? Look at connections through LAX, DTW, JFK, etc. using a combination of KE and DL operated flights.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:05 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why do you necessarily need the nonstop? Look at connections through LAX, DTW, JFK, etc. using a combination of KE and DL operated flights.
I would assume OP is trying to reduce transit as much as possible due to the OP's Dad age - but if you expand your search to include JFK/IAD/ORD/MSP/DTW/DFW you will get significantly more hits on availability
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Pure convenience! I only go home for two weeks or so at a time - and no point to add any unnecessary time to the journey. Just my preference!
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
I would assume OP is trying to reduce transit as much as possible due to the OP's Dad age - but if you expand your search to include JFK/IAD/ORD/MSP/DTW/DFW you will get significantly more hits on availability
Oh my Dad is IN America I'm the one going back

Also though - I don't want to spend 15,000 more miles (125 for KE vs 140 for SkyTeam)....my parents are a 2.5 hr car ride away from ATL (and 1 hr from CLT) so that's a big chunk of miles IMO for such a short flight.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:30 pm

About three or four weeks ago, booked Mrs. Zippy LAX <--> ICN in J using miles, LAX --> ICN on KE and ICN --> LAX on OZ. At first I searched using AwardNexus, and while I would not claim my recollection is pristine, there were some seats available on just about every day I looked at. Maybe the availability patterns are influenced by the route?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
IME, KE releases very few seats on the ATL route compared to other US routes.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
IME, KE releases very few seats on the ATL route compared to other US routes.
I've heard that ATL is very profitable for them because of the whole "Southeast connections" for business men AND the local Atlanta business AND the Kia factory. The execs do pay for the biz class on those flights. And of course all the "regular people" who also fly ATL to connect around the US or elsewhere. It's why it's always so much more expensive nonstop for me in Y.....the people that actually fly it (just the nonstop) pay the premium haha
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Surprise twist! I was checking for the return leg back ATL-ICN end of June

WIDE OPEN 3 seats a day EVERY SINGLE DAY in BOTH DIRECTIONS :-)

So it looks like perhaps it "got even better" systemwide for everything?
zippy the pinhead likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.