Wiki Posts
Search

ICN-DPS discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2021, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
ICN-DPS discontinued?

Was ICN-DPS discontinued due to covid and is there any plan to restart the service? Looking into my options Skyteam (JFK-DPS).

So far China Airlines looks like the winner, Korean would be preferred.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 7:51 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Of course they aren't making any announcements about it. DPS is obviously ONLY for tourists, so there is zero incentive for them to restart it now as they'd just be throwing away cash. They're only running major routes for even the few people that fly (like they aren't filling up ICN- ATL I'm sure but they still run it every day as a trunk route).

I wouldn't expect any kind of announcement on tourist routes like this Gah until like 2022 bc there's no movement in tourism yet here in Asia. Very much still conservatively locked up borders and I don't expect it to change any time soon (also the region is very slow to roll out vaccines)
Old Apr 18, 2021, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
O. DPS is obviously ONLY for tourists,
I get what you're saying, but I know hundreds of people in my company and contractors alone that (in non COVID times) connect via DPS for work elsewhere in Indonesia.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I get what you're saying, but I know hundreds of people in my company and contractors alone that (in non COVID times) connect via DPS for work elsewhere in Indonesia.
Many do, sure, but they're not the backbone of the cash flow for that route - it's very leisure heavy. That and Bangkok are two of the flights with almost more Westerners than locals haha - feels like a flight to America!
Old Apr 20, 2021, 5:46 pm

Many do, sure, but they're not the backbone of the cash flow for that route - it's very leisure heavy. That and Bangkok are two of the flights with almost more Westerners than locals haha - feels like a flight to America!
Yeah definitely had have that vibe when I have used Korean! I once went on vacation to Hawaii from Bali (yes I know how ridiculous that sounds). All westerners DPS-ICN-DPS, and all Koreans from ICN-HNL-ICN. I never really thought about that.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Which type(s) of equipment/configs would they fly on this route? (ICN-DPS)
Old Apr 21, 2021, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by JetOutTonight
Which type(s) of equipment/configs would they fly on this route? (ICN-DPS)
I recall an A330 with the not quite flat seat. But I last flew Korean on that route in something like 2013, so no idea what's up now. I use QR or CX these days.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 9:59 pm

I flew it 2019 and it was A333 with flat seats (don't recall if they were new). My BF flew around same time as me and it was 777 again lie flat. They ABSOLUTELY don't do angled flat on routes that long anymore. All of their old tangled long range planes are gone or doing domestic.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 12:54 am

Programs: GA/SQ/CX
International flights from/to DPS are suspended since there are travel restrictions. But things will change soon with SQ restarting DPS next month.
If you were to fly China Airlines(if they restart DPS), the A330 on TPE-DPS are angled flat but it's a daytime 5-hour flight.
Old May 31, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
I flew it 2019 and it was A333 with flat seats (don't recall if they were new). My BF flew around same time as me and it was 777 again lie flat. They ABSOLUTELY don't do angled flat on routes that long anymore. All of their old tangled long range planes are gone or doing domestic.
Yeah no I wouldn't be so sure. I've taken the SIN flights too many times to know the 777 flights are a nono. Always A330 and 747 when available.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:53 am
Original Poster

I see the flight back on the schedule as of Friday March 25th, 2022 operating as KE629/DL7872

Equipment A330-300

Departing ICN 5:40pm arriving DPS on Sat March 26th, 2022 11:55pm

My guess is those of you who are experienced may say this is subject to change. Either being moved up or pushed back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.