FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Korean Air | SkyPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korean-air-skypass-621/)
-   -   Any plans on Korean Air new award chart and covid19? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korean-air-skypass/2024406-any-plans-korean-air-new-award-chart-covid19.html)

flybie Sep 2, 2020 2:33 pm

Any plans on Korean Air new award chart and covid19?

With COIVD19- Is Korean Air going to postpone their devalued award chart starting April 2021? I really want to fly but with covid, I am not sure what to expect and my miles are parked at KE.

mikesaidyes Sep 2, 2020 7:38 pm

I just did a quick check in Korean news for 대한항공 마이리지 (Korean Air Mileage) and another one for 대한항공 스카이패스 (Korean Air Skypass) and not a peep in a loooooooong time about, well, anything except "extending expiring mileage for 1 year and extending status 'til April 2021. Personally, I don't expect them to say anything until the last minute to cover their butts - so be ready to burn those miles at the last minute!

evor1 Sep 2, 2020 10:42 pm

the april deadline is when we have to fly by or when the ticket is booked?

mikesaidyes Sep 3, 2020 4:53 am

Originally Posted by evor1 (Post 32648920)
the april deadline is when we have to fly by or when the ticket is booked?

TICKETED by (which usually happens at booking, but the ticket should be issued by that date - that's the exact term they use in Korean)

aixporter Sep 9, 2020 5:51 pm

Got just about half a million miles to redeem and will definitely be using them before the devaluation. After deadline these miles will be trash.

EricUSC Sep 12, 2020 12:42 pm

I regrettably transferred a bunch of points from Marriott to KE and booked first class tickets for Spring 2020 flights, and that trip of course didn't happen. I now plan to book in early 2021 for early 2022 flights to lock in pre-devaluation pricing. I have a baby that will be born post-devaluation that I wish to add as a lap infant. If I add a lap infant after birth (post-devaluation), will KE allow me to add the lap infant at 10% of adult mileage pre-devaluation, or will they require me to reprice the entire ticket?

fly747first Sep 13, 2020 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by aixporter (Post 32664318)
Got just about half a million miles to redeem and will definitely be using them before the devaluation. After deadline these miles will be trash.

Very true

JapanFlyerT Sep 25, 2020 6:59 pm

I did a big transfer from Chase, and the devaluation will really hurt me since I always need to fly a segment KIX-ICN. It is hard to figure our exactly what dates to make the pre-April 2021 booking for, and if the flight schedule is still bare then we are screwed.

I wonder what will happen in November, given they aren't really flying anywhere now.

Major Updates
  • “Cash and miles” payment option for flight tickets to be introduced for a test-run period from November 2020.