Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

possible to get first class seat on prestige leg of F award?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2020, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Travelling from tokyo through incheon to jfk... the short leg is a 777-200er which apparently has 2 rows of first class seats although the flight is only sold as prestige.

Given I'm on a first class award, is there a chance of assignment of one of these rows? The booking agent wasn't able to, but I'm wondering if they can/will assign at the airport?

Thank you!
Old Jun 16, 2020, 11:02 am

Mod I didn't see this had been posted since I searched. No reason to have duplicate threads. Please delete my other post.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by pesos
Travelling from tokyo through incheon to jfk... the short leg is a 777-200er which apparently has 2 rows of first class seats although the flight is only sold as prestige.

Given I'm on a first class award, is there a chance of assignment of one of these rows? The booking agent wasn't able to, but I'm wondering if they can/will assign at the airport?

Thank you!
I have the same question flying BKK-ICN-LAX. Any luck?
Old Dec 26, 2020, 9:55 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
If the seat map doesn't show the option at booking, then don't expect to happen in advance. You MIGHT get lucky at check-in. Korean Air is very old school with their tech and systems and things haha soooooo they're not really very flexible overall for things like this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amartin1979
I have the same question flying BKK-ICN-LAX. Any luck?
Sorry I never saw this reply for some reason. The whole flight was cancelled by KE so I ended up doing ANA F instead.
KE81 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by pesos
Sorry I never saw this reply for some reason. The whole flight was cancelled by KE so I ended up doing ANA F instead.
It is possible and this actually happens a lot now since KE is still operating 3-class aircraft being sold as 2-class, but on the A330s and B787s, the First Class seats are almost identical, you would just get the exclusivity of the former single row F cabin.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
I flew BKK-ICN-LAX with BKK-ICN in Prestige and ICN-LAX in F. Prestige on BKK-ICN was disappointing with the pandemic related service cuts except they gave me a former F seat on 777-300 even though I was booked in Prestige. Meal quality was of economy from 2019, and plastic everything. No menus.

On ICN-LAX, the service was really good in F without any noticeable cuts including glassware, menus, etc.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by amartin1979
I flew BKK-ICN-LAX with BKK-ICN in Prestige and ICN-LAX in F. Prestige on BKK-ICN was disappointing with the pandemic related service cuts except they gave me a former F seat on 777-300 even though I was booked in Prestige. Meal quality was of economy from 2019, and plastic everything. No menus.

On ICN-LAX, the service was really good in F without any noticeable cuts including glassware, menus, etc.
As a Delta Diamond flying KIX-ICN-ATL in 2019, on a J class ticket, I took was upgraded to row 1 / Cosmos Suite seat for the KIX-ICN portion. Old seats but very large and comfortable. Others were upgraded as well, although I am not sure on what basis.

My partner was on the earlier flight KIX-ICN but the same ICN-ATL as me. He too was upgraded to the Cosmos Suite seat in his KIX-ICN, probably because it was associated with my reservation (he didn’t have status).
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I had a prestige award ticket KIX-GMP-ICN-KTM. About a week before the flight I noticed the first couple rows had opened up, and snagged a seat. Turned out to be 1st. I was the only one up there, even though 5-6 people in J.

Only problem was the monitor screen is so far away I needed to wear glasses!
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
I had a prestige award ticket KIX-GMP-ICN-KTM. About a week before the flight I noticed the first couple rows had opened up, and snagged a seat. Turned out to be 1st. I was the only one up there, even though 5-6 people in J.

Only problem was the monitor screen is so far away I needed to wear glasses!
Would you say it was about a full week before the flight or closer to 72 hours? I'm also waiting for seats to open up. By chance do you have any status on KE or SkyTeam?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 1:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jjangoo
Would you say it was about a full week before the flight or closer to 72 hours? I'm also waiting for seats to open up. By chance do you have any status on KE or SkyTeam?
No status. It was an award ticket and I saw the front open up a few days before departure. No one else was in that section.
jjangoo likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:38 am

I'm looking at the seatmap through the Delta site and seeing the F seats slowly getting taken over the past week (departure 7/7). I wonder if these seats are restricted for me because it's a DL award and not KE. How else are these passengers picking these seats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.