Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Korean Air goes ahead with sale of lucrative catering unit

Old Jun 9, 2020, 5:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum

Korean Air (KE, Seoul Incheon) has decided to press ahead with a plan to sell its lucrative inflight catering business to secure liquidity, Business Korea reported on June 5.

Credit Suisse, which was brought in to estimate the value of the carrier's assets, also including its SKYPASS loyalty programme and MRO division, will send letters with the relevant investment information to potential buyers within the coming week.

However, the mileage and maintenance units remain off the to-do list for now, and a plan to sell a parcel of land in Songhyeon-dong, central Seoul, has also stalled.
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...-catering-unit
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:17 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I'm curious to see who will buy it and how quality will change......or if they will have major issues like Asiana did during the switch. But that's a long time from now!
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:31 am

Not so quick... They are obviously preparing valuation and a potential sell... But it's not the case yet.

Analysts are now predicting operational profits in Q2 for both KE and OZ. This is thanks to cargo prices soaring and very low oil prices.

For comparaison... KE was at a loss at Q2 last year. So this tells something.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.