Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

KE SkyTeam Partner Award - Lap Infant

Old Apr 2, 2020, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Pres

I am able to book an award ticket with a lap infant when redeeming Korean Air awards on their own metal, but when I select Skyteam Award, my lap infant's name is greyed out.

Questions:
1. Do I have to call Korean Air to book a ticket on Skyteam partners which include a lap infant?
2. Can I book a ticket without the infant now with a Skyteam partner and call Korean Air to add the infant later (when the COVID-19 situation improves and the phone lines aren't clogged) or will I be required to pay the lap infant fee on the operating airline's terms (China Airlines) if I do this?
3. It is my understanding that KE charges 10% of the adult mileage on both Korean Air and Skyteam Partner awards?

Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:10 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
They call it a Skyteam Bonus. https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...onditions.html

And their rules say this below. So it seems that you're gonnah have to make a Skypass account for your infant and family pool the miles and then get a Skyteam flight award ticket that way. Just my interpretation, I have no experience.

Child and Infant

• The same bonus chart applies to infants occupying a seat and children.
  • Infant is not eligible for SkyTeam Bonus even when not occupying a seat. Please purchase a paid ticket when a passenger is infant.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 5:25 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
They call it a Skyteam Bonus. https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...onditions.html

And their rules say this below. So it seems that you're gonnah have to make a Skypass account for your infant and family pool the miles and then get a Skyteam flight award ticket that way. Just my interpretation, I have no experience.

Child and Infant

• Infant is not eligible for SkyTeam Bonus even when not occupying a seat. Please purchase a paid ticket when a passenger is infant.
This is not correct.

Rules state: Infant award requires 10% of adult redemption mileage.
Just call in after you have made your own booking.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
This is not correct.

Rules state: Infant award requires 10% of adult redemption mileage.
Just call in after you have made your own booking.
Genuine question: If they call SkyTeam awards SkyBonus, and this is the information from their page, where is the correct rule you said? The 10% rate you said is correct for Korean Air Awards acdording to that same page.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 12:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes

Child and Infant

OP said it would be a lap infant, i.e., not occupying a seat.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OP said it would be a lap infant, i.e., not occupying a seat.
Right, but the other person said it's 10%. But then it said infant is not eligible for SkyTeam Bonus even when not occupying a seat. So that leads me to believe that you don't get 10% discount "even when not occupying a seat?" Which would be lap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.