Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Korean Air cancels flights from Pusan to Bangkok

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2020, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DLPlat;AA,BA,US

Wondering when KAL is ordered to not fly to Thailand from Seoul/ICN ???Thailand's outbound tours have been left in limbo as South Korean airlines suspend more flights to Thailand amid coronavirus fears, a huge hit given South Korea's status as the second favourite destination for Thais, after Japan.

The decrease in flights came after the South Korean government issued a travel advisory to its citizens on Thursday.

The country's Health and Welfare Ministry urged South Koreans to refrain from travelling to regions confirmed to have infectious cases
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1857909/south-korea-halts-more-thai-flights
Old Feb 15, 2020, 12:48 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I think it's just that Busan is not that busy of a route right now for them. They'll never stop ICN-BKK, it's the most popular route at the airport overall I just learned.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 3:57 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I am moving this thread to the Korean forum where it will be better addressed.

Ryandc99, Moderator, Delta Air Lines
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
It was the longest route out of PUS (until AY comes) and it warranted an A330, daily at that. It will come back eventually. In the meantime, ICN is still there and the domestic transit flights between PUS and ICN should do the trick.

Anyone know when the route originally started ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.