Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Korean Air devaluations on award redemption questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Is it true that if we make booking before April 2021, we will still be able to use old award chart? I’m thinking of making reservation for March 2021 in October or November when I can but sure don’t want to pay for distance based new chart.

the stopover is being removed for any travel beyond July 2020, correct?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:38 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Correct. It is technically TICKETED by 4/1/2021. I make a distinction because when you make the reservation, it may or may not be ticketed immediately. So I'd plan on buying it a few days before in case of any delays.

So even if you buy this year Oct/Nov definitely will be old award rates. They will start to publish the new rates from 4/1/2020 but they are calling it a "one year grace period" to still redeem the old rates.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Correct. It is technically TICKETED by 4/1/2021. I make a distinction because when you make the reservation, it may or may not be ticketed immediately. So I'd plan on buying it a few days before in case of any delays.

So even if you buy this year Oct/Nov definitely will be old award rates. They will start to publish the new rates from 4/1/2020 but they are calling it a "one year grace period" to still redeem the old rates.
thank you. How about the stopover?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:26 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by flybie
thank you. How about the stopover?
yes and that's 7/20 as boarding date effective

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.