Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Joining Skypass and crediting a flight the same day

Old Jan 3, 20, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond, Mileage Plan member, HHonors Gold

I am just having a protracted email spat with Korean Air. KE Skypass T&Cs say you have to sign up to Skypass before your first flight to collect miles.

I was in LA the other day and bought a flight on AF. Then, the next day, on the morning of my AF flight, at 0703 local, I signed upto Skypass. At this time it would have been 0003 the following day in Seoul.

I then headed to LAX and flew on AF LAX-CDG and connected the next day onto AF CDG-DXB. But KE only credited my miles for the CDG-DXB sector.

KE concedes in email that I signed up prior to my flights but that its system won't allow my miles from the first sector to be credited as the system says I signed up the day after my flights even though my BP has my Skypass number on! KE is still trying to resolve this for me but has gone very quiet in the last week.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

It is rather irritating as some miles have already posted to my Skypass account. If I had known KE would cause all this bother I would have credited both flights to my FB account.
Old Jan 3, 20, 9:40 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club, JGC
Petty sure it'll be credited as it's clearly stated in the T&C, but if they don't after few more follow up emails, it'd probably best to get KE to find a way to credit both flights to your FB account... Not exactly the best time to sign up for a new Skypass account.
Old Jan 3, 20, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond, Mileage Plan member, HHonors Gold
Thanks

My understanding is that Skypass still has a long expiry date on miles, even if the program has devalued.

I don't fly Skyteam that often so aren't after status - just somewhere to bank the miles so I eventually have enough to use before they expire.

I have forgotten about FB ones before hence why I decided to move to Skypass.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: