Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

KE aircraft swap and schedule change question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:13 am
Original Poster

My KE flight swaps from 7478 to A330 and from F to J downgrade. The schedule has also been changed like 3 hours. Basically, the flight I booked is cancelled. It’s a short haul flight so I’m not too crazy about it, but if I don’t call in and confirm the change, next time there’s better option open up, can I call to change and get change fee waived? Right now, nothing is good or better options. Also am I losing the seat if I don’t call in to confirm or confirm online?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:25 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
With an airline like KE - always call to confirm. They still love to operate by phone and traditional ways with stuff like this. I have no personal experience with these changes so I can't help with experience, sorry!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
DFW-ICN seems to be permanently swapped from 773 to 789. I returned KE's notification call and was told my A class is now J class. I requested miles refund (80K - 62.5K). Was told no refund as the soft product (allegedly) the same. Other option was to just cancel this April travel. This requires escalation or HUCA. Does anyone have either a solid contact phone number or email address for this purpose? Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass Morning Calm Club
I had KE644+KE25 SIN-ICN-SFO on F. SIN-ICN switched F to J, and KE25 stayed on F. I called and asked for the whole trip to be put on J instead, getting the difference refunded in miles, but it took a few tries. Some CSRs mentioned there were no J award seats available, when they were even visible to us customers on the website. Eventually found someone nice enough to do it.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rwong48
I had KE644+KE25 SIN-ICN-SFO on F. SIN-ICN switched F to J, and KE25 stayed on F. I called and asked for the whole trip to be put on J instead, getting the difference refunded in miles, but it took a few tries. Some CSRs mentioned there were no J award seats available, when they were even visible to us customers on the website. Eventually found someone nice enough to do it.
Is there a reason why you downgraded F for the ICN-SFO? I recall the miles different not much and SIN-ICN is not a long flight.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass Morning Calm Club
Originally Posted by flybie
Is there a reason why you downgraded F for the ICN-SFO? I recall the miles different not much and SIN-ICN is not a long flight.
Just felt like we were getting gypped, and don't want to let KE take something from us with no consequence. To us, there's not much difference between KE J and KE F anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.