FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Korean Air | SkyPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korean-air-skypass-621/)
-   -   New safety video, feat. SuperM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korean-air-skypass/1994021-new-safety-video-feat-superm.html)

benji2227 Nov 4, 2019 3:55 am

New safety video, feat. SuperM

Surprising news today, as Korean Air launches a new safety video replacing the previous very, very old one.

Seems like this must have been one of the first things CEO Cho Won-tae ordered after replacing his father. Rejuvenating an old-fashioned-style airline.

This goes after other company decisions such as cutting-down First class routes, and changing the corporate dress-code from "formal" to "casual".

kijhkijh Nov 4, 2019 6:02 am

About time they updated the safety video!

suranyi Nov 4, 2019 9:38 am

The narrator lady is BoA, a very famous Korean singer.

mikesaidyes Nov 5, 2019 1:07 am

This is AWFUL. Like I'm not "anti K-Pop" but this is toooooo loud and toooo much to watch as a safety video over and over and over and over again as a regular flyer.

HawaiiO Nov 5, 2019 2:06 am

Lol a bit dramatic are we?
Dont watch if u dont want to.
No one is forcing u to watch u know.

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes (Post 31702549)
This is AWFUL. Like I'm not "anti K-Pop" but this is toooooo loud and toooo much to watch as a safety video over and over and over and over again as a regular flyer.

benji2227 Nov 5, 2019 3:41 am

Not at all a fan of k-pop, but KE definitely made good use of the talent and know-how available in Korea.

Definitely find the graphics appealing, the rest is up to personal taste... I don't think this is going to sound "too loud" inside the aircraft.

suranyi Nov 5, 2019 12:27 pm

I am a fan of k-pop and participate in message boards about it. Participants there are going crazy about this video, even saying they’re going to fly KE specifically so they can see it.

mikesaidyes Nov 5, 2019 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by HawaiiO (Post 31702647)
Lol a bit dramatic are we?
Dont watch if u dont want to.
No one is forcing u to watch u know.

Not dramatic, just honest. That song is gonna get really old, really quickly after a few flights. And sometimes you don't want loud, high energy K-POP on your red eye home at 1 AM.

VoiD Nov 8, 2019 10:21 am

Hope the next replacement isn't too far away.

Rain187 Nov 14, 2019 1:29 am

Watched it twice on board on my returned flight last week, I can say the experience is different when you are watching it on board than on youtube at home.
Yes agree that they finally change the 15 years old safety video!
But the new one is way too long that it looks like a MV (maybe thats what they want to do). There are few part that you only see the Kpop stars dancing and singing. Yet it may be bored for frequent flyer but for people who rarely take KE, it is definitely a new experience and attractions as i heard people sitting next to me were discussing the dance and even try to follow the move.

benji2227 Nov 14, 2019 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Rain187 (Post 31735265)
[...]Yet it may be bored for frequent flyer[...]

I get far more bored on... say... an Emirates flight when they promote for 5 minutes (in arabic, and then 5 more minutes in english..) how amazing their entertainment system is (in addition to the safety video).... than watching a 4 minute K-pop clip, which is at least kinda fun.

I think they might actually gain a good number of "K-pop fan" customers willing to ditch out that extra 100-200$ often required to fly KE.