Cabin refresh, wifi coming

Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Cabin refresh, wifi coming

At the close of the IATA Annual General Meeting this afternoon in Seoul Chairman Cho confirmed that wifi would be installed on the existing aircraft as part of a fleet refresh project. In answering my query about this he also mentioned that project “includes the modernization of our seats and configuration." I think the odds are decent that this means a premium economy product joins the long-haul fleet in the next few years.

Link to my coverage of the news; you've been warned per FT rules.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:50 am

Interesting development. If they introduce premium eco, they might "enhance" the current economy in a way to make it less attractive.

Which would be a shame for the IMO one of the best economy products out there.

As for F, aircrafts such as 789 or 332 used on now non-F routes have an identical Prestige/First cabin... so I don't quite understand. They's probably renew prestige entirely...
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:19 am

Ugh...hope they dont reduce leg space ...
their newer single aisle planes already have less leg space ..
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:55 am

any update on Wifi installation?
Old Oct 20, 2020, 7:50 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by deltatrav
any update on Wifi installation?
Not a peep honestly. Especially now with Corona, I imagine a cabin refresh is not in the budget haha.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
I hope they are planning new F seats for the A380s; the current ones are awful
Old Nov 18, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by fly747first
I hope they are planning new F seats for the A380s; the current ones are awful
If they even keep the A380's...
hurnik likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Mariott Plat UA Silver Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
I was just about to book a YYZ - ICN - SYD trip for January 2022 but it seems like there still aren't any concrete plans to install wifi on the KE planes - is that right? I really probably need to look at another option as it's just too long to be offline in my line of work. I could handle probably the ICN - SYD portion as that's sort of somewhat at night but not both . Does anyone know for sure there's no action on this thus far and they haven't said anything about completing it during the COVID slowness?
Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by atsak
I was just about to book a YYZ - ICN - SYD trip for January 2022 but it seems like there still aren't any concrete plans to install wifi on the KE planes - is that right? I really probably need to look at another option as it's just too long to be offline in my line of work. I could handle probably the ICN - SYD portion as that's sort of somewhat at night but not both . Does anyone know for sure there's no action on this thus far and they haven't said anything about completing it during the COVID slowness?
Not a peep on this yet. I actually just checked Korean news - nothing except something PRE-COVID Jan 2020 - and they said "according to their schedule and plans, wifi won't be done until 2022." Of course now that's a totally different picture with COVID and cash.
atsak likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Any updates on this by chance?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.