747-8 Worth it?

Old May 12, 19, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
747-8 Worth it?

Howdy!
I'm doing an 8-day trip to Vietnam in July and trying to route myself home. I'm looking at flying through ICN and flying on the 747 to ATL. I've never flown on the 747, and its a big bucket list item for me. Is the upper deck worth the exorbitant prices KE is charging ($3300 for a one-way)? I'm based in Atlanta, so flying the KE 748 would be the best opportunity for me to fly the Queen of the Skies. Anyone have any feedback on the experience?
Old May 12, 19, 7:32 pm

Upper deck business on the 747 is very nice but not worth 3.3k unless u are swimming in lots of cash.
Old May 12, 19, 10:06 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Sadly, KE doesn't offer many "deals" on its business class seats to ATL - also their longest flight. Especially for one way.
Old May 31, 19, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eneq View Post
Howdy!
I'm doing an 8-day trip to Vietnam in July and trying to route myself home. I'm looking at flying through ICN and flying on the 747 to ATL. I've never flown on the 747, and its a big bucket list item for me. Is the upper deck worth the exorbitant prices KE is charging ($3300 for a one-way)? I'm based in Atlanta, so flying the KE 748 would be the best opportunity for me to fly the Queen of the Skies. Anyone have any feedback on the experience?
worth it if itís your bucket list. Delta One is $8,000 so youíre saving money and crossing it off your list. Iím crossing it off my list in August.
Old Jun 4, 19, 10:12 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Used Chase UR points before Skypass stopped being a transfer partner for J on the 747-8 on the upper deck.

The Apex suite was the most comfortable flight I've had.

Definitely worth it imho.
Old Jun 5, 19, 1:48 pm
pmv

Great seat whether travelling alone or with a companion ... upper deck DEFINITELY the way to go if you you're flying the 747 in J. Will experience it in F in a few months and very excited
Old Jun 8, 19, 7:43 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
No, the 747 is not worth that cost. I have flown both the A380 and 747 and prefer the A380. Seats are not as private as the 747 but you have the entire upper deck to for J class, which translates to more available lavs, the onboard bar and another small sitting area in the front. The bar has small sandwiches and other munchies to snack on. I left the 747 literally hungry upon landing at ICN. Portions were small and the mid-flight snack was too spicy for my liking.

The F/As on the 747 did not keep the upper deck lavs clean at all, vs. spotless ones on the A380. Maybe that was just that crew though.

So besides the seat and a nonstop flight, the 747 isn’t worth it IMO.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: