FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Korean Air | SkyPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korean-air-skypass-621/)
-   -   ICN-ATL 747 F - what is the order of service? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korean-air-skypass/1968249-icn-atl-747-f-what-order-service.html)

pmv May 4, 2019 5:17 pm

ICN-ATL 747 F - what is the order of service?

curious, based on time of day for the flight, what the order of service is...

thanks!

Kiwi Flyer May 4, 2019 7:18 pm

https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...rom-seoul.html

pmv May 4, 2019 8:20 pm

Thanks but I guess more specifically is it full meal first then snack before arrival? Ar small meal first and large later?

benji2227 May 4, 2019 8:52 pm

Full meal first and then breakfast if morning arrival. (small meal if evening arrival)

Rampo May 8, 2019 9:58 pm

In my experience on east coast USA<-->Korea flights, 2 full meals plus a snack in between. First meal usually about 90 minutes after departure, 2nd meal about 2.5-3 hours before arrival. Many order cups of ramen between meals as well.

MegatopLover May 11, 2019 7:23 am

My experience differs a bit, in Prestige anyway. Full meal (a heavy lunch) starting about 1 hour after takeoff while crossing over Japan, second meal about 8 hours into the flight while over British Columbia, which is a good 4-5 hours before landing. The timing of the second meal is quite annoying actually because they wake everyone up and turn on the lights to serve it, while I’d rather be sleeping straight through and have a breakfast around 90 minutes before landing. YMMV.

In Prestige, I ask the crew to let me sleep through and order a lot of coffee and maybe something light when I wake up over Iowa. First is surely more flexible in response to passenger requests.

Rampo May 11, 2019 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover (Post 31089877)
My experience differs a bit, in Prestige anyway. Full meal (a heavy lunch) starting about 1 hour after takeoff while crossing over Japan, second meal about 8 hours into the flight while over British Columbia, which is a good 4-5 hours before landing.

On my last ICN-IAD flight a week ago, the 2nd meal occurred as we were entering Minnesota airspace, just a couple hours from IAD. I was in economy but noticed that the overheads in Prestige came up only a few minutes before the ones in economy. Until a couple years ago the 2nd meal used to be more like 5 hours before arrival, but for my last few transpacific flights it's been more in the 2-3 hours before arrival range (both directions).

MegatopLover May 12, 2019 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rampo (Post 31091968)
On my last ICN-IAD flight a week ago, the 2nd meal occurred as we were entering Minnesota airspace, just a couple hours from IAD. I was in economy but noticed that the overheads in Prestige came up only a few minutes before the ones in economy. Until a couple years ago the 2nd meal used to be more like 5 hours before arrival, but for my last few transpacific flights it's been more in the 2-3 hours before arrival range (both directions).

That would be a considerable improvement. I’ll see and report this month, as I have ATL-ICN-vv coming up.

mikesaidyes May 12, 2019 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover (Post 31093615)

That would be a considerable improvement. I’ll see and report this month, as I have ATL-ICN-vv coming up.

This is also my case when I went to JFK and back from ATL to ICN in February this year. It's more like 3-ish hours before arrival now. So after they clear it all, you've got about an hour and a half left of flight. The snack (served in the dark) is where the other second meal used to be.

MegatopLover Jun 1, 2019 8:49 pm

I’m pleased to report that the order of service has indeed changed, and it’s a vast improvement. Serving the meal over Nebraska and Missouri is a lot better than waking everyone up over Vancouver to feed us, then have us go back to sleep. Unfortunately, KE still serves the “wrong” meal for the second meal. It’s a lunch or heavy afternoon snack dish, not breakfast. Since we’ve just slept the last six or eight hours and it’s 7:00 am at the destination, the meal should be breakfast.

And the pillows are still way too small.

Apart from that, we were very pleased. The Kosmo Suite in Prestige Business Class is pretty similar in size and features to the old First Class seats I used to fly on Singapore Airlines Megatops. ^^

pmv Jun 5, 2019 12:44 pm

Flying in F in the Kosmo 2 suite from ICN-ATL (747) in a few months.... hoping there's a bit more flexibility up in the nose than in J (though I DO love me some 747 J up in the bubble!)