Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access for Purchase, Korean Air at ICN

Old May 3, 2019, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum

Hello!

I'm travelling with 2 friends this month and I'm interested in knowing what (if available) is the cost for 1 guest to access the Korean Air lounge at ICN airport.
I have SkyTeam Elite Plus status, but that can only bring in 1 of my 2 friends free, so what will it cost for us to get the 2nd friend into the lounge?

FYI, none of us have Priority Pass

Thanks!
Old May 6, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I don't believe Korean Air allows paid entry any more. Some issue a while ago that officials felt that "paying for entry" meant the lounge was a "restaurant" and had to follow certain rules. The website doesn't say anything. IF You can even do it - i'd expect 30-50$ max. They also used to allow a ton of PP card holders etc. etc. but have trimmed that down.
Old May 7, 2019, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, I called Korean Air today and they said no buying a pass is not possible, so unfortunately case closed... my friends and I will either have to split up, or someone stays in the terminal. Time will tell what we decide.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:16 am

Don't worry. There are MANY paid lounges you can use like Matina, Gold Matina, SPC Lounge, L Lounge. There are also free showers in the rest and relax area of the airport. You can totally have a great time without just idling by the gate. Also check out the Korean Cultural Experience Center for some activities like wearing hanbok, writing your name in Korean. ICN T2 really is WONDERFUL.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
I don't believe Korean Air allows paid entry any more. Some issue a while ago that officials felt that "paying for entry" meant the lounge was a "restaurant" and had to follow certain rules. The website doesn't say anything. IF You can even do it - i'd expect 30-50$ max. They also used to allow a ton of PP card holders etc. etc. but have trimmed that down.
I think you can use Skypass miles for lounge access. Whether it is wise use of miles is another matter.

BTW, KE ICN T2 lounge is no longer a Priority Pass lounge. If OP is Morning Calm, guest can use Morning Calm lounge access.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Don't worry. There are MANY paid lounges you can use like Matina, Gold Matina, SPC Lounge, L Lounge. There are also free showers in the rest and relax area of the airport. You can totally have a great time without just idling by the gate. Also check out the Korean Cultural Experience Center for some activities like wearing hanbok, writing your name in Korean. ICN T2 really is WONDERFUL.
The free Transfer lounge and food court could be a good option for OP.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass Morning Calm Club
Originally Posted by t_cliff
BTW, KE ICN T2 lounge is no longer a Priority Pass lounge.
T2 was never PP. T1 main terminal wasn't PP either (unsure if it ever was), although T1 concourse A was PP. Also don't know why it was inconsistent :shrug:

For T1 main terminal PP, Matina and Asiana were plenty for me. Started ignoring skyhub.
Old May 10, 2019, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your advice about other lounges, however with 2 free access tickets per Delta Platinum status, we're not prepared to pay for 3 entrance fees at another lounge. My only other thought is perhaps there is another SkyTeam lounge in T2 at ICN that will take an entrance fee... although flying KE metal I wonder if they would even let me in for free... since KE lounges exist.

Last edited by dbernard2000; May 10, 2019 at 9:35 am
Old May 10, 2019, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by dbernard2000
Thank you everyone for your advice about other lounges, however with 2 free access tickets per Delta Platinum status, we're not prepared to pay for 3 entrance fees at another lounge. My only other thought is perhaps there is another SkyTeam lounge in T2 at ICN that will take an entrance fee... although flying KE metal I wonder if they would even let me in for free... since KE lounges exist.
Since KE runs the show at T2 now, that's all there is for SkyTeam lounges. What you say about paying of course makes sense, but some people REALLY want that lounge haha.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.