Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at IAD for Korean Air pax

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Lounge at IAD for Korean Air pax

HI all,

I'm a Delta Platinum (skyteam elite plus) traveling next week IAD-ICN. I'm in coach. (It's technically a DL ticket if it matters.)

Which lounge will I have access to -- if any? I understand the AF/KLM lounge is still under renovation.

I have PP if that matters, though from what I hear using PP at IAD can be dicey due to capacity restrictions.

Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
AF lounge is indeed still under renovation and I think this is the lounge that KE is normally using. AF pax can use the EY lounge and KL pax can use the VS lounge. I am not sure those temporary arrangements are valid for KE. If none has the answer here, you may contact KE to know. In the end, you can ask at the check-in counter at IAD.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I moved this thread into the Korean Air forum for further input.

Prospero
Moderator: Airport Lounges forum
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:18 am
mk1

Programs: KE Morning Calm; AA Plat
KE is using the Virgin Atlantic lounge at IAD per their website for premium and elite pax (including ST+).
Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
The KAL website only shows lounge information (still the VS Clubhouse) through Nov. 2. After that, no information. Now that the AF/KLM lounge has reopened, are they moving back there on 11/3? Flying IAD-ICN in F on 11/7.

Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by mk1
KE is using the Virgin Atlantic lounge at IAD per their website for premium and elite pax (including ST+).
Originally Posted by PresRDC
The KAL website only shows lounge information (still the VS Clubhouse) through Nov. 2. After that, no information. Now that the AF/KLM lounge has reopened, are they moving back there on 11/3? Flying IAD-ICN in F on 11/7.

Thanks!
Skyteam lounge finder tool indicates AF lounge for KE pax. The new renovated lounge is nice. You can read my recent review in the FB/AF forum (note that some aspects of my review will not be available to KE J pax like the downstairs part and the in-lounge dining for J pax) :
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31490955-post935.html
I am sure that KE F pax can have in-lounge dining.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Skyteam lounge finder tool indicates AF lounge for KE pax. The new renovated lounge is nice. You can read my recent review in the FB/AF forum (note that some aspects of my review will not be available to KE J pax like the downstairs part and the in-lounge dining for J pax) :
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31490955-post935.html
I am sure that KE F pax can have in-lounge dining.
Thanks. Looks really nice. Of course, the KE flight departs late morning, so I'd be surprised if in-lounge dining is available, but even the regular buffet spread looks really nice.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Thanks. Looks really nice. Of course, the KE flight departs late morning, so I'd be surprised if in-lounge dining is available, but even the regular buffet spread looks really nice.
It is nice
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
In-lounge dining is only for the 9 PM Air France flight. And other areas for AF pax only.

https://onemileatatime.com/new-air-f...ington-dulles/
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Virgin Clubhouse ended-up being perfectly fine as a lounge prior to the IAD flight. Be advised that is also used by Emirates, so if you check-in on the early side, it will be crowded. Once the Emirates pax left, the lounge staff brought out additional sandwiches and cheese/hummus, etc., so there was a decent, if basic, food spread available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.