Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Old 777 business layout: aisle access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM FB Gold, LH M&M

The KE flight from AMS to ICN is a 777 with the old type of business class, in 2-3-2 formation. I think KE calls this Prestige class.
I am travelling as a single passenger. Does this formation allow easy access to the aisle?
If I am allocated a middle seat, I am worried about having to step over sleeping passengers.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Pick an aisle seat in advance. Most of the time the middle seat between the 3 seats in the middle are empty if there are not enough J passengers. Old Prestige class seats go all the way to the seat back in front, so window seats and the middle seats are blocked in when the aisle seats are extended.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply.
I will try to pick an aisle seat when I book the flight. But there is always a chance that I will be stuck in the middle seat for a 12 hr flight. Not ideal.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:04 am
Original Poster

I may be in luck. SeatGuru reports KE926 AMS-ICN as using a 777-200, with 2-3-2 Prestige layout.
FlightAware report this route as using an A330-200, with a 2-2-2 Prestige layout. That would be slightly less cramped, at least.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
KE changes aircraft all the time. Just because it's an A332 at the moment (Presumably what FlightAware is reporting.) doesn't mean it won't be a 772 on the date you travel. Check the KE website for the date you'll be traveling, and even then, it might change if it's more than a couple of months from now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.