Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

SeatGuru badly misses aircraft configuration ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz

I had to change my return from HKG to USA where I now leave HKG at 12:15 pm on September 12. The first flight is on KE to ICN arriving at 4:55 pm.

When I look at SeatGuru for the seatmap, it shows Prestige as 2/3/2 with toilets in front of row 9. However, when I use Delta’s seatmap (entire ticket is with DL) it shows 2/2/2 with toilets in front of row 8.

I called KE in USA and was told my flight is 2/2/2. I am currently in 9D so am I right behind the toilets or not?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:07 am

No, row 8 is right behind the toilets on the 77W with apex suites (2-2-2 config).
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Why even bother checking SeatGuru? It is notoriously inaccurate for this. Waste of time.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:34 am
Original Poster

In my case, I do not know anything about KE aircraft and SeatGuru has helped me with carriers other than DL. I glanced at this forum for threads on that particular aircraft and did not turn up the information that was needed.

I was also uncertain about what the KE agent since she could not see my seat assignment and told me to get a DL co-chair phone agent. I called DL’s DM line and was told they could see my seat and I should not worry.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:33 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Here's the plane that you will be on.

https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...ode=b777-300er

And according to ExpertFlyer, that plane has 277 seats so you will get the Prestige Suites.
Xeno likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
Here's the plane that you will be on.

https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...ode=b777-300er

And according to ExpertFlyer, that plane has 277 seats so you will get the Prestige Suites.
Very helpful, thank you. I feel much better now about a decision that was rushed toward the end of one month on the road.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm on that flight soon, and every indication I have indicates that mine is the 772 with (regional?) 2-3-2 seating configuration. My seats requested through DL didn't stick and when I called KE in the USA to get seats, I was told to avoid the basinette seats which seem to be two rows of a small business class cabin. I suspect also that KE blocks seats for their own elites.

On another KE regional flight with the same aircraft type and seating configuration, KE seems to have decided not to offer FC and to transform the FC cabin into business class and then make the last two rows of business class (where I'm sitting, so we'll see what happens at the airport) into coach, which is overbooked even though the seat map looks empty.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm on that flight soon, and every indication I have indicates that mine is the 772 with (regional?) 2-3-2 seating configuration. My seats requested through DL didn't stick and when I called KE in the USA to get seats, I was told to avoid the basinette seats which seem to be two rows of a small business class cabin. I suspect also that KE blocks seats for their own elites.

On another KE regional flight with the same aircraft type and seating configuration, KE seems to have decided not to offer FC and to transform the FC cabin into business class and then make the last two rows of business class (where I'm sitting, so we'll see what happens at the airport) into coach, which is overbooked even though the seat map looks empty.
My HKG-ICN is 9/12/18. What day are you on this flight?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know if a KE BP can be issued via app or printed via web before flying a DL ticket that starts HKG-ICN-USA? I am coming in from Macau and would prefer to not have to go to the main terminal for the KE counter since I have no luggage to check-in.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
According to their website

https://www.koreanair.com/content/ko...l#web-check-in

No mobile boarding pass OR printed one from HKG.... just scroll down and in the section of Who Cannot Use Web Check In is the airport list on the right...
Xeno likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

I just booked another flight to HKG and am on KE RT ICN-HKG in the middle of June.

On the return, I have the same flight as last year but on the outbound I am on a 737-200ER. They said no B seats were available and put me in 10D. Is there a better seat I should try to locate?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Xeno
I just booked another flight to HKG and am on KE RT ICN-HKG in the middle of June.

On the return, I have the same flight as last year but on the outbound I am on a 737-200ER. They said no B seats were available and put me in 10D. Is there a better seat I should try to locate?
No B seats? Do you really specifically want a B seat, one away from window on left side, like 2B or 10B, or do you mean no business class seats? I don't think DL would issue a business class award ticket if you can't get a business class seat.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No B seats? Do you really specifically want a B seat, one away from window on left side, like 2B or 10B, or do you mean no business class seats? I don't think DL would issue a business class award ticket if you can't get a business class seat.
DL could not secure any seat for me with this KE Prestige class award using DL SM.

I called KE in the USA and when they told me that ICN-HKG was a 737-200ER with 2x3x2 unlike the 737-300ER with 2x2x2, I asked for a B seat and was told they could not assign one for me.

On the 737-200ER I was given 10D and told that 9D and I suppose 8D were near the lavs.

The seatmap is at https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...ode=b777-200er
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno
DL could not secure any seat for me with this KE Prestige class award using DL SM.

I called KE in the USA and when they told me that ICN-HKG was a 737-200ER with 2x3x2 unlike the 737-300ER with 2x2x2, I asked for a B seat and was told they could not assign one for me.

On the 737-200ER I was given 10D and told that 9D and I suppose 8D were near the lavs.

The seatmap is at https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...ode=b777-200er
Surely you don't mean that KE packs seven seats across on the 737. Other airlines fly it configured with a single aisle! Could you mean 767 or even 777? In fact, a 2 or 3 series 737 would be pretty old too.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Chile jetlag + 6am flight has me distracted.

It is 777 as the link above shows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.