Separate email for minors?!

Old Jan 9, 19, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Separate email for minors?!

I attempted to register my son for a SkyPass account as he will be flying with me to Asia via Korean Air in Feb. Apparently, he needs his own email address in order to have a SkyPass account... he is 2 years old. Is there no way for this program to register 2 users to the same email address as with so many other mileage programs?
Old Jan 10, 19, 7:16 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club, JL Mileage Bank
email [email protected] . They can help you easily. Website can be a bit of a pain.
Old Jan 10, 19, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes View Post
email [email protected] . They can help you easily. Website can be a bit of a pain.
Ah, that may be more helpful. I had spoken with their customer service who told me I should simply just, "sign up a new email account to use for him." I explained that I wasn't going to create an email account for a 2 year old, which would necessitate me checking two emails. Emirates, American, etc. all have the ability to assign multiple rewards numbers to a single email. This seems like a restriction in their system and they neglected to account for minors in their planning.
Old Jan 11, 19, 1:42 pm

If you're a gmail user, you can add a string after a plus sign before the @, which will make the email address different enough for the site, but will route the email back to the same email address. So, the email address looks like "[email protected]" - the email will go back to [email protected], but you log into the website using [email protected]. This is the approach that DHS recommends when signing up for GOES access for minors.

Here's the documentation from Google on the subject: https://gmail.googleblog.com/2008/03...from-your.html
gpy likes this.
Old Jan 16, 19, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by szehui View Post
If you're a gmail user, you can add a string after a plus sign before the @, which will make the email address different enough for the site, but will route the email back to the same email address. So, the email address looks like "[email protected]" - the email will go back to [email protected], but you log into the website using [email protected]. This is the approach that DHS recommends when signing up for GOES access for minors.

Here's the documentation from Google on the subject:
You sir, are brilliant.
Old Jan 17, 19, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Fliertyme View Post
You sir, are brilliant.
I learned this having run into a very similar problem signing my kids up for Global Entry, glad I could help!

Search this Thread