KAL Business Class Lounges

Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Wink KAL Business Class Lounges

JFK Airport Terminal 1
Is the lounge located right after check in or after security? What level is it in the terminal?

Seoul Airport Transit

Connecting in Seoul via KAL. Where is the lounge located in the transit area?

Thank You in advance.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
JFK KE lounge is very basic.

KE ICN T2 has 2 lounges, East and West. Access to the one above gate 249 in the middle of the departure level is via the opposite side food court escalator / elevator. No clear sign at departure level though. This is the one opens earlier if you have overnight flight arrival. It is usually less crowded than the other one which is near USA arrival gates.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by t_cliff
JFK KE lounge is very basic.

KE ICN T2 has 2 lounges, East and West. Access to the one above gate 249 in the middle of the departure level is via the opposite side food court escalator / elevator. No clear sign at departure level though. This is the one opens earlier if you have overnight flight arrival. It is usually less crowded than the other one which is near USA arrival gates.
Is the lounge in JFK after security check and at what level of the terminal is it located?

Thanks for the info. Really helps.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by floridastorm
Is the lounge in JFK after security check and at what level of the terminal is it located?

Thanks for the info. Really helps.
It is after security.

It has been a couple of years but as I recall after you go through security you go to the right, the entrance is on the right side of the corridor, and you will go up to the next level by elevator to enter the lounge.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MW147
It is after security.

It has been a couple of years but as I recall after you go through security you go to the right, the entrance is on the right side of the corridor, and you will go up to the next level by elevator to enter the lounge.
^ Thanks
MW147 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
They both suck. Don't waste your time!
Goldorak likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I would imagine still better than sitting out in the terminal especially for my wife who is not all that keen on public restrooms.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I disagree. I was in T2 West yesterday morning and the food there was better, with a greater selection, than any SkyClub I have been in (and I have been in nearly every one) , except maybe the new Seattle SkyClub..
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fpmurphy
I disagree. I was in T2 West yesterday morning and the food there was better, with a greater selection, than any SkyClub I have been in (and I have been in nearly every one) , except maybe the new Seattle SkyClub..
I have read that since KAL has only two flights per day, one at noon and another around 12 midnight, they stock the lounge for those flights only. That is why I am expecting the decent experience which you mention since I am departing on the noon flight to Bangkok. via ICN.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by floridastorm
I would imagine still better than sitting out in the terminal especially for my wife who is not all that keen on public restrooms.
To be fair in this case, no. Both JFK and ICN are actually much nicer in the terminal area. Especially ICN where you can see a lot of Korean cultural exhibitions and even some performances. All depends on the duration of your layover but the last time I didn't even bother with the lounge there.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fpmurphy
Not sure why you would use a Delta SkyClub as your benchmark for the quality of international lounges. That's a pretty low standard as U.S. lounges are generally crap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.