Wiki Posts
Search

MIddle Name Requirement

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: most of them
MIddle Name Requirement

As I was preparing to book a new award last night I noticed a big red notice that I had not seen before stating that my name must exactly match my passport including my middle name. My Skypass account only had my first and last names on it and there was no way to add my middle name on the booking page. I've traveled on KE in the past and don't recall this being an issue, so maybe this is a new thing. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any way to edit your profile to add your middle name. I also have another award booked long ago for a trip coming up in a few months that unsurprisingly also did not include my middle name. Maybe this is an artifact from when they changed everyone's account numbers?

I had to send a note to customer service along with a scan of my passport. My account was updated and they ended up reissuing the ticket for my February trip. But everything is correct now. No fees or anything required. So I guess my point is to make sure your account has your correct full name as it appears in your passport and if it doesn't contact customer service to fix it.

Last edited by glennaa11; Oct 31, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
I just did this myself for something that I had on hold. I decided that it wasn't worth risking a problem with KE over three missing letters from my middle name. (I had my middle initial on my account, but not the other letters of my middle name, which is length four.)

No clue why I didn't worry about this with two NH bookings (one through VS during their great transfer bonus from Citi and one directly using NH miles via MR transfer), but I think how absolutely emphatic KE was about the match did freak me out and get me to make things match before ticketing. (Bonus: The ticketing deadline was reset to one month again, so now I can wait to pay the modest taxes and surcharges for another credit card cycle just for fun!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.