Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Infant flying first class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Infant flying first class

Does anyone know if infants (22 month) can fly first class free from Atlanta -> ICN. Normally i fly this route since no one flies first class. 5/6 flights has no one in first class, in my past experience. Let me know if anyone flew international on KE first class with their infant. My wife wants to go before baby boy turns 2 so we don't have to pay additional seat. I'm using mileage for our two tickets, fyi.

Last edited by naps8906; Sep 26, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:03 pm

Infant award requires 10% of adult redemption mileage.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA-P, and Chase-ing the sapphire dragon
We ticked our infant in F for an upcoming trip this fall - it was 10% award redemption (so an extra 8k at the saver level).
When are you headed out? - I'll let you know how ours goes.

I was almost temped to fly J since there are bassinets available (especially since it's less miles, and you still get the option of the bar (maybe) to walk around in, and being next to each other would help, but alas our lad has outgrown the bassinets (there are no bassinets in F).

For the Intra Asia hop to ICN we got an upgrade in 330 to 380 metal which is great to have a bar area to walk around in since it's a day time flight (although would appreciate if anyone has had experience flying in the KE 380 with an infant (like are they restricted from the bar area - not so much for service, but safety, ie there are no infant oxygen masks there).

Good luck!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Don’t know about infants per se, but my son has been to the A380 bar many times starting at around age 4 and never had an issue.
PacificStandTime likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.