Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skypass Visa card (US bank)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Skypass Visa card (US bank)

Anyone ever get the 15k enrollment bonus more than once in the past?

I'm just a bit short on an award and was thinking of applying for the card. I did have one in the past but that was closed and also ages ago

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/...edit-card.html
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by chichow
Anyone ever get the 15k enrollment bonus more than once in the past?

I'm just a bit short on an award and was thinking of applying for the card. I did have one in the past but that was closed and also ages ago
Do you have the Chase Marriott card? That has a 75,000 point bonus right now, which will translate to 30,000 KE. And is a much better card overall.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Do you have the Chase Marriott card? That has a 75,000 point bonus right now, which will translate to 30,000 KE. And is a much better card overall.
It seems it is not a good time to apply for the US Bank Skypass Visa, as the best available public offer is for the lame $450 annual fee card, and in the reasonably recent past the signature Visa was available with a much higher signup bonus. Threshold offers on these US Bank cards are laughable, IME, and the miles post so long after the fact that I am usually wondering what they were for. SPG points are still transferable to KE, and they transfer at 1:1 currently, so consider also an SPG card.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
SPG points are still transferable to KE, and they transfer at 1:1 currently, so consider also an SPG card.
SPG points will only be around for 2 more days, then they all convert to MR, which will transfer 3:1, with a 25% bonus for every 60k transferred.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
If you have any existing Chase Ultimate Rewards points and a card allowing UR-to-airline transfers, you have until 24 Aug to transfer to SkyPass at 1:1.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:48 am

So, IMO, the easiest/fastest way to get points to Skypass:
Ultimate Rewards (until 8/24/18) as they transfer over in a 1:1 fashion. Ink Preferred Business = 80,000 UR points. Either of the Chase Sapphire cards (Preferred/Reserve) have the 50k signup bonus, but the Reserve $450 fee isn't worth it (IMO) considering the sign up bonus is the same.

"next" best are the "old" Starwood points, as they went over 1:1, and then there was the bonus (I think 20k SPG points = 25k KE Skypass with the 5k bonus).
But the marriott conversion will give you 3:1 SPG points. So 20k SPG will now equal 60k Marriott points. And 60k Marriott points = 25k (with 5k bonus).
So it works out the same, just that the old Amex SPG cards were usually 35k bonus SPG sign up. Their new ones (non-business) are like 75k (Marriott?) points signup. So divide by 3, and the new cards are only really getting you 25k "SPG" type points.

In that regard, the $450 US Bank offer at 30k Skypass is probably "better", but that's a stiff price to pay.
US Bank has crappy sign up bonuses.

The "old/regular" card, is only 15k. I got lucky 2.5 years ago and got it at 30k. I've not seen the 30k bonus since, let alone the 40-45k (that was targeted though).

We can only hope that US Bank starts having better bonuses when Chase it out of the picture.

Last edited by hurnik; Aug 16, 2018 at 8:53 am Reason: corrected bonus conversions
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:50 am

delete

Last edited by Kacee; Aug 16, 2018 at 9:02 am
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
As I stated just above, 60k MR will convert to 25k KE. Check your math.
Oh you're right, sorry about that.
Will correct.

The old SPG will equal the same bonus as the "new" with the conversions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.