Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slow Chase transfer to Skypass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Slow Chase transfer to Skypass

My wife and I wanted to go LAX-ICN-KIX in first class one way and have all of our Chase Sapphire points go out in a blaze of glory as it were.

I transferred them from Chase on Monday, but it's now early Friday and they're still not there. Chase doesn't consider them "lost" for 5 business days and Korean Air told me that they can take 4-6 weeks to post.
This was news to me since when I made the transfer I was told to expect one business day.

However, Korean Air did hold two award seats for my wife and I until September 7 and I hope this gets straightened out by then.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Do your names match exactly with both accounts? I've had issues in the past (not with KE) where not having my middle name in one account lead to delayed transfers.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

The names didn't seem to be the hangup. It's just a computer problem they have. They say it should show up in the next 2-4 weeks. Other blogs say the transfer takes 2-7 business days.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Chase should update their website to say 2-7 business days.

Double whammy that KE no longer allows holds, and has slowed down Chase transfers.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Chase should update their website to say 2-7 business days.

Double whammy that KE no longer allows holds, and has slowed down Chase transfers.
KE did give me a one month hold. Must have been my passive-aggressive online chatting with an agent.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: SQ LPP, KE Morning Calm Premium
Updates from anyone? Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

I got the miles deposited in my account after about 6 days. Korean Air though is holding the reservation for a month.

So I'm just going to wait until closer to the deadline.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum; Marriott Titanium Elite; Hertz President's Circle
I have heard a few people mention that KE no longer has a generous hold policy, but that has not been my experience with 2 recent reservations. In both cases the 1 month hold was offered without me asking... my only thought is that it is because all segments are on KE metal. If it was a partner award perhaps that hold policy may have tightened up recently.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
The points transfer used to be instant. I'd like to know the reason for the slower processing time as well.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:48 pm

They will discontinue the partnership with KE soon... some already got the notice that the transfer to KE will be not possible after 8/25/2018 (10 days left!)
https://onemileatatime.com/ultimate-...korean-ending/

Last edited by sartrism; Aug 14, 2018 at 6:59 pm Reason: Add link
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

So my UR points are going down in a blaze of glory!
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:58 am

Bad news! Well, there will be much less inquiries how to use KE miles in this sub-forum from now on.
FlyingKansan likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Bad news! Well, there will be much less inquiries how to use KE miles in this sub-forum from now on.
And less demand for award seats, which is perhaps what KE is aiming for.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:54 am

Took 24 hours exactly (executed August 15th) to move 75,000 points from Chase UR to my SkyPass account.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:39 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Mine took about 3 days a few weeks ago. Now I'm seriously debating if I should transfer more over since I do fly to SE Asia about every year or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.