Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

First Time Flying Korean Air Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc

I am planning to book a China to Seoul flight in business (prestige class)

after i I buy the flight am I able to select my seats? It didn’t give me an option during booking to do that. I thought I read somewhere that you can select seats up to a year in advance now or is it 24 hours before departure?

Any help would be appreciated
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass Morning Calm Club
yes, you can make your seat assignment after you've made the reservation, even before you pay (if award).
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by rwong48
yes, you can make your seat assignment after you've made the reservation, even before you pay (if award).
Thanks, will it be available online once I book (pay) or do I need to call?

Is there a way to see what seats are available pre booking?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
No way to see what seats are available pre-booking.

AND BE CAREFUL: If you select your seat in advance before web check in, you CANNOT change it - even at web check in.

AND often they only keep the crappy 50% of the back of the plane open if you select WAY early. If you wait until web check in time (48 hrs before international for most places, 24 for EUR/US/Middle East/Africa) you get MANY better seats available.

For example: my bf just went to Bali and has no status. At time of purchase, literally the back half of the plane was open. He waited until web checkin and got as far up as Row 34 (starts at Row 29 in Economy).
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:46 am

I am curious to know answers for this too! I attempted a booking as well and after selecting fares it took me straight to payment and I didn’t see the seat selection option. Is it possible that after payment you choose your seats? I’m booking for 2 and my bf and I want to make sure we get seats together.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:13 pm

You select seats after you pay and have a confirmed ticket. There is no preview window to see what's open like on, say, Delta.

Even if you don't see the option online - after you have a ticket - you can call Customer Service and choose a seat over the phone for free.

But just remember what I said - usually if you pre-select a seat, you cannot change it, even at web-check in. So it's better to wait until web check in when more seats in the plane are open.

Most Korean passengers/Asians don't do online check in. They still do traditional airport way and get the seat there.
wxman22 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass Morning Calm Club
Originally Posted by vincentharris
will it be available online once I book (pay) or do I need to call?
online, on your reservation confirmation page, there's a "seat assignment" button, as well as passport info, special meals...

unfortunately not. award reservations were the safer gamble. i used to reserve and cancel all the time for free.. now there's a fee and i haven't reserved anything since then.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:40 pm

Hi to all! Not sure where to post my question so I'll do it here because this will be my very first flight with KE.

So I'm flying economy with KE from FCO to ICN with B748, I'd love to get 50A seat because it's in the exit row (or one back) and there is no seat in front of you. Did anyone fly in that seat already?

I'm flying back from ICN to ZAG also with KE and. I'll probably ask for 44B, sounds good?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:24 pm

Exit row must be requested at check in at the airport. It's the only way.

To be honest - all other KE seats are essential equal because of pitch being the same and good seat width. Just try not to be TOO close to bulkhead (baby basinett and also bathroom/galley crowding areas)....or near the back of the plane (last to get off, can have less pitch with two seats OR be super spacious of course dpeneds on place)
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: KL-PEFL
Thanks, will it be available online once I book (pay) or do I need to call?

Try https://www.expertflyer.com/ - experflyer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.