Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Korean Air launching ZAG directly from September 1st, 2018

Old May 30, 18, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Starting September 1st KE will launch direct Zagreb flights during high season, and Seoul-Zagreb-Zurich-Seoul during low season.
Old May 30, 18, 2:48 am

Programs: GP Diamond
Very interesting!

Winter season starting on 28th October, I guess the ICN-VIE-ZRH-ICN flight will change to ICN-ZAG-ZRH-ICN.

Also, apparently aircraft for low season will be the 789-9 instead of the currently scheduled through ZRH 777-200. Was going to book award F ICN-ZRH for this winter, considering the aircraft change, award C will now be perfectly fine

Also, wonder what will happen with Vienna this low season. Will they get their own direct flight or will they share it with another airport?
Old Jun 30, 18, 1:50 am
Original Poster

In the system it shows a 777 for the Zagreb-Zurich route and not a Dreamliner. I wonder what metal Vienna will get then?
Old Jun 30, 18, 2:31 am
Ritz-Carlton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
I've always been very intrigued by these kind of routes operated by KE, and whether they are actually profitable... in mind are ICN-NBO (axed), ICN-NAN, ICN-GLA (charter?)...

I get that many S. Koreans are now travelling everywhere... but is it really enough to fill a 777 flying to Zagreb?? Especially without much logical connection possibilities.
Old Jun 30, 18, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
I've always been very intrigued by these kind of routes operated by KE, and whether they are actually profitable... in mind are ICN-NBO (axed), ICN-NAN, ICN-GLA (charter?)...

I get that many S. Koreans are now travelling everywhere... but is it really enough to fill a 777 flying to Zagreb?? Especially without much logical connection possibilities.
Believe it or not over 450,000 Korean tourist's visited Croatia last year, and this year the numbers are already growing in the double digits.

I see ZAG going from three weekly to five weekly relatively quickly.
Old Jun 30, 18, 3:45 am
Accor Contributor BadgeRitz-Carlton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NOIR View Post
Believe it or not over 450,000 Korean tourist's visited Croatia last year, and this year the numbers are already growing in the double digits.

I see ZAG going from three weekly to five weekly relatively quickly.
I find that very interesting indeed! Didn't think that there would be that much tourists from Korea visiting Croatia...
Old Jun 30, 18, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
I find that very interesting indeed! Didn't think that there would be that much tourists from Korea visiting Croatia...
Can you believe the mass tourism to Croatia started because of a local Korean reality show.
Carfield and Unionruler like this.
Old Jun 30, 18, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by NOIR View Post
Can you believe the mass tourism to Croatia started because of a local Korean reality show.
I suppose in the future KE would want to cooperate with television producers to predict their next routes
slimjin and Marschel like this.
Old Jun 30, 18, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Now that the DL JV is set, has KE explored the possibility of creating one with AF/KL or perhaps VS? A European JV seems like the next logical step for KE and could be useful for places like ZAG.
Old Jul 1, 18, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride View Post
Now that the DL JV is set, has KE explored the possibility of creating one with AF/KL or perhaps VS? A European JV seems like the next logical step for KE and could be useful for places like ZAG.
is this in the best interest of the customers though?
Old Nov 23, 18, 3:50 pm

Did anyone fly on this route? Can we expect more weekly flights next summer season? How often even KE do some changes on their routes?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: