Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

How early can one check in luggage at TBIT?

Old May 29, 2018, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF, FB, HH, AA

So my flight to Incheon leaves TBIT at 11pm. I have to check out from my hotel around 11am, giving me 12hours wait for my flight. How early can I check in luggage in TBIT for an 11pm flight with Korean Air? Can I check my luggage in 6 hours prior or is it still the 4 to 3 hours prior?
Old May 29, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jacobus
So my flight to Incheon leaves TBIT at 11pm. I have to check out from my hotel around 11am, giving me 12hours wait for my flight. How early can I check in luggage in TBIT for an 11pm flight with Korean Air? Can I check my luggage in 6 hours prior or is it still the 4 to 3 hours prior?
Most international carriers with limited flights open their check-in counters 3 to 4 hours prior to flight time, so there may not even be a KE counter available until then.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:32 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

Airlines operating at TBIT have different check-in counters hours and policies about how early luggage can be checked.

Since this question is more about Korean Air than LAX, I'll move this over to the Korean Air forum.

TWA884
Los Angeles moderator
Old May 29, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Just really want to know so I could plan out what do while waiting after checkin out at 11am.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:25 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From the Korean Air website:
Tom Bradley International Terminal

Operation time
KE018 09:00~11:30(Daily,~27Oct18, Counter B33 and Higher)
KE012 20:00~22:30(Daily, Counter B33 and higher)

Please understand that we do not check in passengers and baggages at the counter for flights other than the dedicated flight of the corresponding hours of operation.

When counter is closed, call Korean Air office behind check-in counter on Aisle B
*Telephone number: 310-646-3033
Old May 29, 2018, 6:00 pm

If your hotel is nearby to LAX, or you'll be doing activities around your hotel until you go to the airport, I'd recommend leaving your bags at the hotel after checking out and retrieve them before going to check-in at LAX. I've never found any other good solutions to this situation.
trooper and jacobus like this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JoeDaejeon
If your hotel is nearby to LAX, or you'll be doing activities around your hotel until you go to the airport, I'd recommend leaving your bags at the hotel after checking out and retrieve them before going to check-in at LAX. I've never found any other good solutions to this situation.
I am staying around Melrose Ave and Hollywood Blvd. It is a bit far from the airport with rush hour starting from 3pm onwards. I was just thinking of leaving luggage near LAX and going somewhere near LAX
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:05 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I was just thinking of leaving luggage near LAX
The bellstand at one of the large hotels would probably work. The Hyatt is closest to LAX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.