Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam Bonus Award Rules

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Skyteam Bonus Award Rules

I'm trying to put together JFK-TPE-BKK return on CI, no stopover in TPE, just transferring, but the award is pricing out at 200K instead of 155K.

Korean Air site says this on their SkyTeam Bonus Terms and Conditions page:
-Eligible Itinerary: SkyTeam Bonus is for direct flights between origin and destination, but transfer for flight connection is allowed. Please contact Korean Air service center for eligible transfer regions.
-Transfer and Stopover: Up to two transfers permitted between city of departure and destination each way.
One stopover (over 24 hours) is permitted during the entire journey, and is included in the number of transfers. One surface segment is permitted at the destination, and is not considered a stopover.

Is TPE not a valid transfer region?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by flyaxa
I'm trying to put together JFK-TPE-BKK return on CI, no stopover in TPE, just transferring, but the award is pricing out at 200K instead of 155K.

Korean Air site says this on their SkyTeam Bonus Terms and Conditions page:
-Eligible Itinerary: SkyTeam Bonus is for direct flights between origin and destination, but transfer for flight connection is allowed. Please contact Korean Air service center for eligible transfer regions.
-Transfer and Stopover: Up to two transfers permitted between city of departure and destination each way.
One stopover (over 24 hours) is permitted during the entire journey, and is included in the number of transfers. One surface segment is permitted at the destination, and is not considered a stopover.

Is TPE not a valid transfer region?
How about JFK - ICN - BKK? Assuming you have KE Skypass, I think that would be less miles required than going CI.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by t_cliff
How about JFK - ICN - BKK? Assuming you have KE Skypass, I think that would be less miles required than going CI.
Thanks. The CI connections were better, fees lower (at least, when searching individual segments) and we wanted to check out CI Business, but we ended up changing plans and are now just using a one-way on KE (CNX-ICN-JFK). Would still be interested to know about this for the future if anyone finds info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.