Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Tall Guys -- Korean Air Economy or Air Canada Premium Economy ?

Old May 13, 2018, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

I'm 6'4" and dread being squished into most economy seats. I'm planning to travel from Washington, DC to Seoul this summer with my family of four. My frequent flyers miles are long gone so I'm looking to be cost conscious but comfy. I know Korean Air has some of the roomiest economy seats but are there any tall folks out there who have flown long haul in coach on Korean Air? Is it comfy for a 13/14 hour flight? I'd love to get input from the other "Daddy Long Legs."

I'd much rather fly Korean Air for the non-stop service alone but I worry about coming off the plane crippled . But for a slightly higher fare and an additional 2/3 hours we could fly Premium Economy on Air Canada. Thoughts on these alternatives?

A. Korean Air Economy (777): Non-stop (13/14 hours), Seat Pitch 33/34, Width 18.
B. Air Canada Premium Economy (787): One stop in Toronto (16/17 hours), Seat Pitch 38, Width 19.5. (I know there are other Premium Economy options but the Air Canada layover is the shortest.)

I look forward to your input.

Thanks!
Old May 13, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
For both OZ and KE, it's safe to assume that the advertised seat pitch will be smaller in reality because of the thick as #$%@ duty free catalog
mikesaidyes likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:26 am

Should fly Air Canada as it is has longer seat pitch.
The extra 4-5 inches will make a big difference for someone your height.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Regardless of which class of service and airlines, best to get up to walk & stretch a bit every now and then for health sake (deep vein thrombosis risk).
Old May 19, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: KF, FB, HH, AA
Originally Posted by corbomite
For both OZ and KE, it's safe to assume that the advertised seat pitch will be smaller in reality because of the thick as #$%@ duty free catalog
Never had problems with my economy seat pitch with KAL, hence if flying economy to asia or somewhere if I can I fly with KAL
Old May 23, 2018, 5:19 am

Safe to say KE has one of the best (if not the best) Economy product out there.
I usually gladly pay the KE price premium if flying Economy (which is usually a couple hundred bucks)

Last edited by benji2227; May 23, 2018 at 5:25 am
Old May 23, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: KF, FB, HH, AA
KE has an awesome economy. This is why I prefer KE traveling to North America or Europe. And for the price from where I am from they have the best prices compared to others.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.