Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Nut Rage" sister acts up....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Post "Nut Rage" sister acts up....

Korean Air suspends 'nut rage' sister from work over tantrum Fox News

"SEOUL, South Korea – Korean Air Lines says it has suspended one of its chairman's daughters from work after she threw a tantrum at a business meeting, triggering public outrage and a police investigation.
The daughter, Emily Cho, is the younger sister of another Korean Air executive whose onboard "nut rage" outburst delayed a flight in 2014."

Ahhhhh nepotism........
Think of how successful KE could be if they actually hired people qualified for the job......
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
In that family the real piece of work is her mom, even the nut rager is mild compared to her.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by corbomite
In that family the real piece of work is her mom, even the nut rager is mild compared to her.
Send them all to North Korea....no nuts or airplanes available !
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Oh man she went WILD in that audio recording. Like she didn't just speak down to someone and was like a little mean, she lost her S&$&&$T!!!!!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:09 pm

15-20 years ago, such incident was so common. I've had it and moved to the US not because I couldn't endure such 'boss'-harassment, but because I found myself slowly becoming one of them. Being shout and poured water was nothing. Insulting, hitting, chuckling, throwing, etc was a daily life.

However, somehow productivity was sky high when a boss acts that way. And although boss looked crazy, we all had some respect that he/she is an abnormal or exceptional person and listening to the boss helps all of us. It still happens in Korea albeit in a much less frequency than 15-20 years ago. It's just that the sister wasn't respected by employees or went too far.

In sum, like some others, I believe this is a spin or distraction to other news stories in Korea. Yes, I heard the tape but it's not worth to be the top story.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Actually, most of my corporate students felt the same way. They were like "eh, whatever, we get yelled at all the time, but we're not the head of a major company that's already been down this road once before."
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Smile

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Actually, most of my corporate students felt the same way. They were like "eh, whatever, we get yelled at all the time, but we're not the head of a major company that's already been down this road once before."
Yep... I get the yelling part. Par for the course in Korea.... It's just so sad that it has to be tolerated from somebody who didn't really 'earn' their way to the top (also par for the course in SoKo).
But I love that's it making the news. The times are a-changin' in Korea.
When I went out in Jongno I saw fights almost every weekend, but I'll never forget the first time I saw a young man take out an older adashee that said something inappropriate to him & his girlfriend.
People are starting to disregard some of the social norms that have been in place forever.
Some think that's a bad thing, and some love it.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:38 am

Ignited from a non-criminal (even though it was my opinion) stuff, now all sorts of criminal activities have been revealed by KE employees and probably more. That includes tax evasion and (illegal) lobbying. The company and their house were raided by the police. Both sisters are stepping down from all positions in the company. The father won't.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Oh man she went WILD in that audio recording. Like she didn't just speak down to someone and was like a little mean, she lost her S&$&&$T!!!!!
It seems to me that we know little about what really happened, other than her sister has been convicted, it fits a behavioural pattern in this society, the media jump at it because the headline is too cool to resist, BUT:

Is this enough to proclaim the verdict already? Would the same have happened elsewhere that quickly? Did it happen as a means of damage control?

I am trying to make sense of all this and at this point I struggle to do so.
I cant find the audio recording, can you share?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yapak2
.....the media jump at it because the headline is too cool to resist....
I think that may be an oversimplification of the reason behind the headline(s). There is a brewing angst against those in Korean society who are viewed as taking advantage of privilege and/or traditions which have (always before) allowed certain behaviors.... With media, social networking, blogs, etc., these incidences are being scrutinized more and more. Then again, that might be a "cool" thing, so perhaps you're right!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:48 pm

https://www.nst.com.my/world/2018/04...ife-over-abuse

Seoul police on Monday launched a probe into whether the wife of Korean Air’s chairman illegally abused employees – the latest accusation against a powerful, wealthy family with members known for their tantrums.
Media reports accused Lee, who is in her late 60s, of a litany of abuse of multiple workers renovating her home and of Korean Air employees, including screaming, cursing, slapping and kicking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.