JFK-ICN - Caviar Service?

Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
JFK-ICN - Caviar Service?

I'm flying in Korean F from JFK-ICN next month on the daytime flight and was wondering if they'll offer a caviar service. Has anyone flown F recently out of JFK?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM
My guess is yes based on Asiana having it.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Did it last month, no caviar. Just the good old Shin-Ramyun.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by samwise6222
Did it last month, no caviar. Just the good old Shin-Ramyun.
Interesting. They had it LAX-ICN in February. Have they been pulling it from certain routes?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Definitely!

even on their flagship routes. Took the afternoon JFK - ICN flight and there was no caviar. KE has downgraded to fois gras
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:47 am

That's very disappointing
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM 1K
Took this route to bkk thru icn in December - no caviar. There are other routes where it's offered it hasn't been on this particular one for a bit. Get the bipambop. Fantastic plane (A380) - F is very nice. J also looks very comfortable. Bar can be fun.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
It's really disappointing not to have it on a flagship route like New York with daily double A380's; not to mention that the A380 hard product is not as good anymore - no APEX seats in business and not enclosed suites in F like on the 748

Can anyone confirm if the caviar is still served on the LAX route?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM 1K
Originally Posted by chichow
It's really disappointing not to have it on a flagship route like New York with daily double A380's; not to mention that the A380 hard product is not as good anymore - no APEX seats in business and not enclosed suites in F like on the 748

Yeah I hear you on not having it.. would be really nice. What also is a shame is that they didn't serve the bubbly right up front for pre-flight drink which might be something JFK related I heard. The rest of the product isn't that bad tho. When you consider other carriers A380 F product has open suites like TG (also nice), KE is ok. There are worse, but certainly WAY better indeed. Sure the seat isn't all closed, but the back divider does go up quite a bit for the back half of the seat for privacy. It really isn't all that bad, nor is the cabin ever full it seems. Esp since DAL/SPG xfr is generous here. I think its a decent "mid range" F A380 in terms of lux.
After walking through the biz cabin tho on the way to the bar from F I would happily have done J tho if it was offered at the time for less miles than F. Looked quite comfortable and spacious. F is nice, just not on scale with something like EK.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:53 pm

Crazy that I am actually considering buying Asiana business and figuring out how to get 50k Asiana miles to try Asiana F.
Asiana does have caviar and it looks like the catering is superior to Korean Air.

On the flip side Korean Air has moved to the new ICN terminal so everything is nice shiny and new. and KE does have an A380 bar which Asiana does not.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:40 pm

I flew KE in F from LAX to ICN at the very end of last year and they did have caviar then.

Crazy that I am actually considering buying Asiana business and figuring out how to get 50k Asiana miles to try Asiana F.
Asiana does have caviar and it looks like the catering is superior to Korean Air.

On the flip side Korean Air has moved to the new ICN terminal so everything is nice shiny and new. and KE does have an A380 bar which Asiana does not.
From JFK, last I heard, OZ uses the Swiss Air lounge, which is horrible. I don't know what KE uses at JFK and whether it's any better. From LAX, the *A F lounge beats the KE F lounge hands down. I was quite disappointed with KE F, and in the future wouldn't consider burning my miles on F, rather only C. And one of the most disappointing aspects of my trip was their F lounge at LAX, which is their own lounge, not a contract lounge. I tend to give more leeway when a carrier is using a contract lounge, or other carrier's *A lounge, being they might not have much control over things. At the ICN side, if you're departing from ICN, OZ told me last month that they expect their new F lounge to open in September or October. There's a huge area now under construction in T1 where the KE lounge used to be. Of course the rest of the terminal hasn't been remodeled, but ICN is pretty good as it is, in my opinion. Of course given the opportunity, I always like to try new things, and I've not seen the new T2 since it's been open to the public, so would choose a flight from there if all other things were equal, but don't think I'd choose it if there were other more important factors.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:04 pm

The KE lounge at JFK is TERRIBLE.

TERRIBLE!!!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:06 pm

See here from an old review. The pictures make it look better than it actually is.

https://onemileatatime.com/review-ko...-new-york-jfk/
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:09 pm

duplicate

Last edited by chichow; Aug 14, 2018 at 11:19 pm
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold

I'm curious about this also. Does any U.S - ICN routes have caviar in F anymore?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.