Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Flying Delta to Incheon Changing to KE Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

We are flying into Incheon from Atlanta changing to Korean Airlines for Bangkok with a 2 hour layover in Incheon.

Does anyone know if both the arriving Delta flight and the departing Korean air lines flight leave from terminal two?

Also is there any other security that we have to go through in Incheon before boarding our next flight which is the Korean air flight.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Delta and Korean Air use Terminal 2. It's brand new, only for those two airlines and Air France/KLM so it's supposedly a very nice experience. You will have to clear transit security.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: DL DM
This is almost the identical question I was coming to the KE forum to ask. We are flying on DL to ICN from Seattle, connecting to a KE flight to Bangkok. We have a 2 hour connection as well. I'm assuming this is enough time to visit the transfer desk to checkin for the KE flight and receive a boarding pass/seat assignment, as well as pass through transit security? This will be my first time passing through ICN. I'm used to NRT so hoping this will be just as efficient.

According to KE it is not possible for me to receive an advance seat assignment since the flight was booked through DL and is a DL codeshare. Anyone know of anything different?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:43 am

Just like you've done through NRT, you'll receive all boarding passes that you don't need to pass through KE desk. Just a transfer security for which 2 hours should be plenty. For a seat assignment, call KE.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Just like you've done through NRT, you'll receive all boarding passes that you don't need to pass through KE desk. Just a transfer security for which 2 hours should be plenty. For a seat assignment, call KE.
How about a 45 minute connection? Is that possible in the new terminal 2?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by miAAflyer
How about a 45 minute connection? Is that possible in the new terminal 2?
It's possible if you can book it that way. Hope that your second flight has an alternative in case (for instance, there's another flight later that day, etc.)
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
So will Delta be able to print me the KE boarding pass from ICN-BKK when I check in for my first flight in the US or will that have to be done by KE in ICN? I did obtain the KE confirmation code so not sure if doing KE online checkin would be an option.

Regarding seat assignment, KE is telling me it is not allowed in advance due to it being a DL codeshare issued on DL ticket stock.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:27 am

I'm heading to ICN from ATL 2/22 and then to BKK. This will be my first flight through ICN also.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:09 am

If you are flying Delta, they might give you a boarding pass for ICN-BKK but you will definitely have to change it for Korean Air Card stock at the Korean Air transit desk or the gate. Takes seconds.

fi you are flying KE from ATL, they should give you both boarding passes to ICN and to BKK on their card stock.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Deeg157
I'm heading to ICN from ATL 2/22 and then to BKK. This will be my first flight through ICN also.
Please report back how it goes!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
If you are flying Delta, they might give you a boarding pass for ICN-BKK but you will definitely have to change it for Korean Air Card stock at the Korean Air transit desk or the gate. Takes seconds.

fi you are flying KE from ATL, they should give you both boarding passes to ICN and to BKK on their card stock.
Good info - thanks. Somehow today the Delta phone system was able to assign me seats on KE... we'll see if they stick or not. If not, I'm sure that can be taken care of at the KE transit desk in ICN.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:04 pm

KAL lounge (West end - stays open 24/7...I think)

Entrance
*Update*

Both Delta and KE share Terminal 2. It's very simple and quick when you arrive until ICN. You have to go through a security checkpoint and should only take you all of 30 mins Max if your sky priority with Delta. Also, the better KAL lounge is across from gate 249. See attached pictures. Safe travels!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes

I got all boarding passes at the ATL Skyclub and my boarding pass from ICN to BKK worked. No need to go to transfer desk unless you want to waste 30 mins like I did.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:08 pm

That must’ve changed. Every flight I’ve had from atl to ICN over the past six years they’ve reiterated many times (even with big signs) that you needed KE card stock tickets, that you couldn’t use anything printed by DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.