Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

KE interlining baggage with different PNR and airline company

Old Dec 17, 17, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys,

First and foremost, happy holidays to you all !
Second, do you know if KE will interline my baggage? Let me explain:

Next week I'll have a SFO-ICN flight with KE (Prestige Class - I don't know if the class will help).After that I'll have a CX flight to HKG (also business). The thing is that they are different tickets and I have 02:20 hours between these two flights, from the moment the KE flight arrive to the moment the CX flight depart.

I looked all over the web to get some answers. There is even a page about baggage at the KE website, but it does not say if they will check the baggage in this case.
The most up to date info I could find is an Australian Business Traveller post arguing that in this case it is up to the airline company discretion. I tried to ask them over Facebook, but I did not get any answer whatsoever.

Thanks in advance!

PS: If they won't do it, do you think I can get my baggage, check it over CX counter and make it to flight?
Old Jan 23, 18, 11:33 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Gold. Hold AA, UA, BA, LH, SQ, VX, AF, AMEX, Citi, Chase balances
I'm bumping this as I'm flying KE in F to IAD and then UA on a separate ticket. Will KE check my bag all the way through to my final destination?
Old Jan 23, 18, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saaveraward View Post
I'm bumping this as I'm flying KE in F to IAD and then UA on a separate ticket. Will KE check my bag all the way through to my final destination?
I will share my experience: they won't, lol.

At SFO, the nice lady at check-in told me it would not be possible. I dunno if this works the other way around (from S. Korea to the rest of the world).
Old Jan 25, 18, 2:19 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
KE's website says:

https://www.koreanair.com/mobile/glo...-check-in.html

So technically it should be done. Their website just says "when transferring" but if you notice the example in parenthesis it says the starting location is Incheon.

I have had OZ check my bags all the way through with my Tokyo stop and change to Delta. I would imagine KE does the same starting in ICN.
Old Jan 25, 18, 2:41 am
Original Poster

We also have to remember that now KE operates in another terminal in ICN (T2). This may change this policy, donít you guys think?
Old Jan 26, 18, 12:55 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I don't think so. If it did, they would've updated their website. If you don't believe, just call after all.
Old Jan 26, 18, 9:22 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Gold. Hold AA, UA, BA, LH, SQ, VX, AF, AMEX, Citi, Chase balances
I received an e-mail from KE saying they WILL interline my bag from ICN. So I'll print it out and take it with me but of course YMMV.

I did see the baggage link posted above, but nothing on it says anything about "separate tickets"
Old Jan 30, 18, 9:02 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, AAdvantage, Chase Ultimate Rewards, IHG Rewards Platinum
How about if it is all with Skyteam? My itinerary is LAX to ICN on KE, then ICN to PEK on CZ. Will they interline check my bag all the way to PEK from LAX?
Old Jan 30, 18, 9:06 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, AAdvantage, Chase Ultimate Rewards, IHG Rewards Platinum
Originally Posted by saaveraward View Post
I received an e-mail from KE saying they WILL interline my bag from ICN. So I'll print it out and take it with me but of course YMMV.

I did see the baggage link posted above, but nothing on it says anything about "separate tickets"
Who did you email to ask this question?
Old Jan 30, 18, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Quikarmani View Post
Who did you email to ask this question?
General "comments" webform. You must be logged in to your account. I think there's a dropdown for baggage somewhere if you follow the prompts.
Old Apr 23, 18, 8:36 am

KE was FANTASTIC in taking care of this. Presented documents for both tickets at ICN, agent tagged the back to the final destination. At IAD, agent met me at the plane and put it on the transit belt themselves. Painless and wish every airline would be this great.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: