Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ICN Lounge help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:18 am
Original Poster

ICN Lounge help

So I am taking a flight on the 18th and am curious what everyone's opinion on the best lounge to visit is. I have priority pass as well as flying prestige with KE and I have a few options. Any help would be great as I want to maximize my visit to the lounge and enjoy the experience.

Lounges on my PP I can enter are:
Matina near gate 11
Matina near gate 43
Asiana Business near gate 28
Sky Hub Lounge near gate 11
Sky Hub Lounge near gate 42
And I suppose access to the KAL prestige lounge.
My flight will take off from the main terminal so I left off the other terminals lounges.

​​​​​​​Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by sbr7d
So I am taking a flight on the 18th and am curious what everyone's opinion on the best lounge to visit is. I have priority pass as well as flying prestige with KE and I have a few options. Any help would be great as I want to maximize my visit to the lounge and enjoy the experience.

Lounges on my PP I can enter are:
Matina near gate 11
Matina near gate 43
Asiana Business near gate 28
Sky Hub Lounge near gate 11
Sky Hub Lounge near gate 42
And I suppose access to the KAL prestige lounge.
My flight will take off from the main terminal so I left off the other terminals lounges.

Thanks in advance!
Since the number of Koreans with PP cards are extraordinarily high you really should give the Matina and Sky Hub Lounges a miss because in peak times I've heard of 30-minute wait times just to get into the lounge. This is because the food there is relatively good, and most Koreans will never pass a opportunity for a free meal (the PP cards most Koreans have are attached to their credit cards and so there are no separate access fees). On the other hand the OZ lounge will start restricting PP card holders so that only PP card holders with an Asiana flight can enter starting from next month. But the food is poor and it's quite unkempt because they're not bothering to fix anything in anticipation of the lounge moving 6 months later. If I were you I would just stick with the KE lounge.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I agree with this re: Matina and Sky Hub. I visited once and there was a line to get into the Sky Hub lounge. It was literally the most UN LOUNGE place ever. Not any sense of relaxation or benefit out of it.

So much so that I'm actually opting for the China Eastern lounge hahah. I just want free booze though.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. I fly out at 730pm on a Monday so maybe the foot traffic will not be as crazy or maybe just wishful thinking. Regardless, appreciate the wisdom!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:35 pm

Thanks for the help. I fly out at 730pm on a Monday so maybe the foot traffic will not be as crazy or maybe just wishful thinking. Regardless, appreciate the wisdom!
That's when the main bank of flights to SE Asia leave so it can be very, very bad then.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Currently sitting in KAL lounge near gate 11 and it is PACKED. Took me nearly 10 minutes to find a seat, luckily someone was getting up and offered their seat to me. Lots of people seemed to be sitting in one seat while using another chair to use for their bags. I guess this is par for the course now that PP is more common with credit cards and such.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:05 pm

Currently sitting in KAL lounge near gate 11 and it is PACKED. Took me nearly 10 minutes to find a seat, luckily someone was getting up and offered their seat to me. Lots of people seemed to be sitting in one seat while using another chair to use for their bags. I guess this is par for the course now that PP is more common with credit cards and such.
The KAL lounge in the main terminal doesn't take PP cards, however Morning Calm status passengers are a dime a dozen so it has the same effect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.