Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Korean Air First Class Vegetarian food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, chase ultimate rewards, hawaiian

hi Guys,
Me & my Wife are travelling from ORD-BOM via ICN on Korean First class. we are vegetarian and have ordered a vegetarian HIndu meal. Anybody knows what they serve on the first class with this meal option? we are worried we will be given the same food that they serve in economy class.

If any of you have tired that before and know how the food is it would be a great help. we also wanted to know if we can make a vegetarian bibimbap.

Cheers,
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:08 pm

I can't comment on the vegetarian meals, but if you want a vegetarian bibimbap you could try to put in a special request for them to exclude the meat. If you're not worried about contact, you could pick out the meat yourself as you can easily spot it because you mix it altogether yourself.
trooper likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:29 am

I'm wondering the same thing! Flying KUL-ICN-JFK on January 8th. If you fly between now and then please let me know what you find out!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by rukmi86
hi Guys,
Me & my Wife are travelling from ORD-BOM via ICN on Korean First class. we are vegetarian and have ordered a vegetarian HIndu meal. Anybody knows what they serve on the first class with this meal option? we are worried we will be given the same food that they serve in economy class.

If any of you have tired that before and know how the food is it would be a great help. we also wanted to know if we can make a vegetarian bibimbap.

Cheers,
My experience in premium across several airlines, including Asiana, has been the same special meal as in economy, but a larger quantity and access to anything else you want off the regular menu (e.g., desserts). Flights directly to and from India will have better options generally. My guess is the ORD ICN route will be the same fare for hindu meal regardless of airline.

By the way, Hindu meal is not vegetarian. It can include eggs, chicken, fish, seafood, lamb, and goat, but not pork or beef. You want Asian Vegetarian coded as AVML, which is an Indian vegetarian meal. Some airlines have now collapsed the distinction and just give AVML to everyone (e.g., United), but others still maintain the distinction.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, chase ultimate rewards, hawaiian
Originally Posted by paulinias
I'm wondering the same thing! Flying KUL-ICN-JFK on January 8th. If you fly between now and then please let me know what you find out!
Hi,
We are flying on 12th Aug. Please do let us know how did it go for you. I would really appreciate any feedback here. As if the food is not good I can go ahead and order a vegetarian bibimbap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.