Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Kosmo Suite 2.0 and B777-300ER versions?

Old Nov 5, 17, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

I've booked a few flights with KE in F and Prestige class, I was looking for NA routes where the new 747-8I is scheduled (march 2018) but failed to find any availability.

What I did find was a mix of B777-300ER & A380s, now I'm looking to the new seats, Kosmo suite 2.0, the agent assured me that both of my (currently) scheduled flights have the new Kosmo suite 2.0.

- Is there a way to tell the config of the B777-300ER by looking at the flight status closer to the date? if both are B777-300ER - how can I tell?
- Likelihood of equipment change?
- How to find 747-8i routes North America to ICN? I've checked every operated airport....

Thanks.
Old Nov 5, 17, 8:51 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Even if you find a route now, it will probably change again by March. Id expect March schedule to be set around December/January.
Old Nov 6, 17, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA .4 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by justsawaufo View Post
I've booked a few flights with KE in F and Prestige class, I was looking for NA routes where the new 747-8I is scheduled (march 2018) but failed to find any availability.

What I did find was a mix of B777-300ER & A380s, now I'm looking to the new seats, Kosmo suite 2.0, the agent assured me that both of my (currently) scheduled flights have the new Kosmo suite 2.0.

- Is there a way to tell the config of the B777-300ER by looking at the flight status closer to the date? if both are B777-300ER - how can I tell?
- Likelihood of equipment change?
- How to find 747-8i routes North America to ICN? I've checked every operated airport....

Thanks.
'

If you log into your KE account and pull up the e-receipt for your itinerary it will call out Kosmo Suite 2.0 on the receipt.

There are a number of posts within the Korean Are thread about equipment changes - specifically from the 747-8i to the 777-300ER. Many of us had itineraries booked on the 747's for early 2018 only for the equipment to be swapped to 777's.
Old Nov 6, 17, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LRMErnst View Post
'

If you log into your KE account and pull up the e-receipt for your itinerary it will call out Kosmo Suite 2.0 on the receipt.

There are a number of posts within the Korean Are thread about equipment changes - specifically from the 747-8i to the 777-300ER. Many of us had itineraries booked on the 747's for early 2018 only for the equipment to be swapped to 777's.
Found it! Thank you.
Do you have any experience in getting refund if the seat is downgrading from Kosmo to "sleeper"?
Old Nov 7, 17, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .4 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by justsawaufo View Post
Found it! Thank you.
Do you have any experience in getting refund if the seat is downgrading from Kosmo to "sleeper"?
I do not have any experience there, so I can't help you out. Sorry!
Old Nov 24, 17, 9:54 am

Programs: AA,AS,HH,HY,IB,LH,IHG,MAR,WN
Originally Posted by LRMErnst View Post
'
My e-receipt does not show Kosmo Suite 2.0. However, if I click on Seat Change, then on B777-300ER, it opens a new browser window showing 2 tabs: a 277 seat layout (my default aircraft, I guess) or a 291 seat layout. The 277 seat layout shows a picture of the new Kosmo Suites 2.0 with low doors, while the 291 seat layout shows a picture of the older Kosmo Suites with no doors.
Old Nov 24, 17, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS 75K; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by HiYoSilver View Post
if I click on Seat Change, then on B777-300ER, it opens a new browser window showing 2 tabs: a 277 seat layout (my default aircraft, I guess) or a 291 seat layout. The 277 seat layout shows a picture of the new Kosmo Suites 2.0 with low doors, while the 291 seat layout shows a picture of the older Kosmo Suites with no doors.
That's what the website showed me when I was making the reservation as well. Does your e-ticket receipt have a line for "Seat Type" (right under "Booking Class")? Mine says "Kosmo Suites 2.0" for SFO-ICN and "Sleeper" for ICN-BKK.

Last edited by Kacee; Nov 24, 17 at 11:34 am
Old Nov 24, 17, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K&1.88MM, MR lifetime Gold, HZ PC,
Or check the business class layout for your flight with a dummy booking - if you see 2-3-2 then it's the sleeper in F, if you see 2-2-2 then it's the 2.0 Suite.

Looks as if on the 300ER you get a wider seat than the 747-8i but don't get the full size locker. Seems like a winning trade off to me, though I love the 747-8i F experience on KE
Old Nov 25, 17, 11:15 am

Programs: AA,AS,HH,HY,IB,LH,IHG,MAR,WN
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
That's what the website showed me when I was making the reservation as well. Does your e-ticket receipt have a line for "Seat Type" (right under "Booking Class")? Mine says "Kosmo Suites 2.0" for SFO-ICN and "Sleeper" for ICN-BKK.
Kosmo Suites 2.0 does not appear on the reservation or the receipt for my SFO-ICN. Only if I click on Change Seat, then it shows the two tabs for older or newer B777-300ER.
Old Nov 25, 17, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS 75K; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Kosmo Suites 2.0 does not appear on the reservation or the receipt for my SFO-ICN.
So what does it say in the space on the e-ticket receipt for "Seat Type"?
Old Nov 30, 17, 2:38 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, JPMC Palladium, SPG/Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Chairmans Circle
Kosmo Suites 2.0 does not appear on the reservation or the receipt for my SFO-ICN. Only if I click on Change Seat, then it shows the two tabs for older or newer B777-300ER.
I believe the tab it opens to after you click into seats from your reservation is the actual layout of your particular flight. I tried that on a couple different flights and noticed it opens to one tab or the other depending on the flight. FWIW the ICN-SFO flight I'm on was swapped out from the 747 but still appears to have the 777 with Kosmo 2.0

Search this Thread
Search Engine: