Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Checkin and Security with KE at SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Flying First Class on KE26 and trying to judge time I'll need at SFO... coming straight from our wedding and would like to make sure we have enough time to shower in the lounge before we board.

Does Korean have a dedicated first class checkin counter at SFO, or does it combine it with business? Also Is there a Priority lane for KE passengers going through security there?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:59 pm

According to KE website, evening flight uses AF lounge which doesn't have a shower. Check KE website -> traveling with us -> worldwide airports.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
According to KE website, evening flight uses AF lounge which doesn't have a shower. Check KE website -> traveling with us -> worldwide airports.
Well crap... I always saw that KE using the British Airways lounge at SFO. This will change things.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:05 pm

They use the BA lounge for KE24 in the day and then the Air France lounge for KE26 in the evening.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Is KE still using the AF lounge? Flying F this week on the late night flight.

Never been in the AF lounge - any thoughts on whether it's instead worth heading over to the DL SkyClub in T1 (which I'm already familiar with)? I have Clear and should also have Pre.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Is KE still using the AF lounge? Flying F this week on the late night flight.

Never been in the AF lounge - any thoughts on whether it's instead worth heading over to the DL SkyClub in T1 (which I'm already familiar with)? I have Clear and should also have Pre.
As far as I know they are... It's been listed as "temporary" on their worldwide airports page on their website since I booked my upcoming flight last summer. It's a shame because there isn't showers in the AF lounge, and from what I read it's a pretty crappy lounge.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kaskade916
As far as I know they are... It's been listed as "temporary" on their worldwide airports page on their website since I booked my upcoming flight last summer. It's a shame because there isn't showers in the AF lounge, and from what I read it's a pretty crappy lounge.
I'm in the AF lounge now. They have a special F room blocked off . . . I'm the only one in here. Unfortunately there's a very loud child playing right outside the door. Food options are okay, not great, not terrible. Next time I might head over the SkyClub, which is certainly a much nicer space.

Security was a total cluster, even with Pre and Clear.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:55 am
Original Poster

I'm in the AF lounge now. They have a special F room blocked off . . . I'm the only one in here. Unfortunately there's a very loud child playing right outside the door. Food options are okay, not great, not terrible. Next time I might head over the SkyClub, which is certainly a much nicer space.

Security was a total cluster, even with Pre and Clear.
How long would you say it took you to get through security, and at what time? Were you able to use a priority lane for first class? We'll have almost a solid 2 hours before the flight at the airport, but I'd still like to know what I'll be in for.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass Morning Calm Club
OP made this thread in October and the flight is still upcoming, I guess

I've taken the new SFO KE night flight KE026 several times and I try to check in as soon as the counters open, so that I can hit up T3 Centurion before their showers closed around 10pm (troublesome back when KE26 was 00:50 and check-in opened at 21:50, but now the flight is 00:10). When that failed, I've used Amex Platinum to get into Delta Sky Club in T1, although it seems like I shouldn't be able to because I'm on KE26 and not the Delta codeshare of KE26, so try your luck and YMMV.

Allow 10-15 minutes from T1 to international A, then go through security again. TSA Pre on your KE boarding pass will help here. Security has been pretty straightforward for me with and without Pre.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:49 pm

How long would you say it took you to get through security, and at what time?
They were doing special screening where everyone had to pass the bomb-sniffing dog. Took about 15 minutes vs. the 2 minutes it otherwise would have. The Clear rep was awesome and probably saved me 15 minutes.

Were you able to use a priority lane for first class?
Priority lane irrelevant if you have Pre and/or Clear.

Originally Posted by rwong48
I've used Amex Platinum to get into Delta Sky Club in T1, although it seems like I shouldn't be able to because I'm on KE26 and not the Delta codeshare of KE26, so try your luck and YMMV.
But if you have Elite+ status or are flying J or F DL access should not be an issue.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass Morning Calm Club
But if you have Elite+ status or are flying J or F DL access should not be an issue.
Just regular Skyteam Elite (KE Morning Calm) flying economy as usual

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.