Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Still no info on a new KE lounge at the new ICN Terminal 2?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Still no info on a new KE lounge at the new ICN Terminal 2?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: None anymore
Now that I think about it, OZ and KE both board econ and business at the same time, albeit in separate lines. Very interesting, I've been here 4 years and never put two and two together.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:57 pm

Maybe this will motivate some change.

Originally Posted by Korea Herald
One airline industry source said, "It looks like fliers heading to the U.S. will have to arrive at airports four to five hours ahead of their departure times rather than two to three hours."
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
Was this reaction captured anywhere? Source? Link? Very interested.

Perhaps KE will approach this indirectly, "we're in T2 with the other Sky Team players, they wanted it, it wasn't our fault."
Here you can see the typical response of the peanut gallery:

http://news.khan.co.kr/kh_news/khan_...01&code=940100

And here is an article stating that installing the fast track may go against 'national feelings'

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin...ML?input=1195m

BTW going to Korean news sites may not be healthy for your computer with all the ...... ads on the pages.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE, AA, UA, *G
Originally Posted by warrenw
Now that I think about it, OZ and KE both board econ and business at the same time, albeit in separate lines. Very interesting, I've been here 4 years and never put two and two together.
Really? I fly OZ all the time, and the only time I've seen J and Y board simultaneously was when there were separate jetways (e.g. just this Sunday on a B77L they were separate, and so economy boarded at the same time). But otherwise elites are always first - I know this because I usually fly Y but get to board first because of my diamond status.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Smile

Originally Posted by sol95
I too have gone through at every time you can imagine, and my experience is quite different to yours. Off the top of my head, at least 1 in 4 times, security and immigration takes quite some time.

Agree with this. I moved to Korea right after Incheon opened, and security used to be a breeze to get through.

Over the last few years, it has gotten significantly slower, often with lines just for the document check before the security line.

And getting into Korea through customs, compared to years ago, is just awful.

.......still take it over most non-Asian airports though.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: KL-PEFL
Originally Posted by warrenw
Why? [....]

But now that I think about it, you can get that if you're coming in from Seoul station. Go through immigration at Seoul Station and that lets you take the crew security entrance at Incheon.
Shhhhhh !! Keep the secret or everyone will do it!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:10 am

It's hardly a secret! Same arrangement with the COEX City Air Terminal, if you happen to be starting from the south-east Seoul area near the Intercontinental/Park Hyatt.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by slimjin
Really? I fly OZ all the time, and the only time I've seen J and Y board simultaneously was when there were separate jetways (e.g. just this Sunday on a B77L they were separate, and so economy boarded at the same time). But otherwise elites are always first - I know this because I usually fly Y but get to board first because of my diamond status.
Well I can't remember what they did for the last A320 flight I did, but the last few (777, A350) they boarded simultaneously.

Originally Posted by Paella747
Agree with this. I moved to Korea right after Incheon opened, and security used to be a breeze to get through.

Over the last few years, it has gotten significantly slower, often with lines just for the document check before the security line.

And getting into Korea through customs, compared to years ago, is just awful.

.......still take it over most non-Asian airports though.
I will admit it depends on the time you go through.

Also, can we talk about what's going on with immigration coming into Korea now? The past 3 times I've had to wait ~20 minutes at the minimum because they have a dedicated area for Korean passports (with very short lines that move quickly) and then a much smaller area for foreign passports which is always full. I wonder why they changed it.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Update on this.... Sent KE an email inquiring about it, this is what I got back-

"Regarding your inquiry of First Class lounge in the new terminal,
please kindly understand that we could not give you a definitive answer
because we are still in the process of planning. "
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:26 pm

Planning? Shouldn't they have something... built by now?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
The new terminal opens Jan 18, but no other lounge details or anything given yet.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
KE have finally decided on their lounges in ICN T2. The following was leaked:

First Class Lounge
Prestige Lounge (for J class)
and finally they are making a separate Million Miler Lounge for Million Mile Club members and Morning Calm Premium passengers in Y/J

Also there will be a separate SkyTeam lounge for DL, KL and AF
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:20 pm

Are they complete/nearly complete?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by corbomite
KE have finally decided on their lounges in ICN T2. The following was leaked:

First Class Lounge
Prestige Lounge (for J class)
and finally they are making a separate Million Miler Lounge for Million Mile Club members and Morning Calm Premium passengers in Y/J

Also there will be a separate SkyTeam lounge for DL, KL and AF
https://kalmate.com/Notice/NoticeVie...&currentpage=1

Total 6 lounges will be operated by KE and the area (area total?) will be larger than the current ones.
East side will have first class lounge, prestige lounge, and miler club lounge.
West side will have prestige lounge and SkyTeam lounge.
And there's a Concierge lounge at the check-in area.

Google map shows that gates are installed. 5 gates show 3 bridges, presumably for A380.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
https://kalmate.com/Notice/NoticeVie...&currentpage=1

Total 6 lounges will be operated by KE and the area (area total?) will be larger than the current ones.
East side will have first class lounge, prestige lounge, and miler club lounge.
West side will have prestige lounge and SkyTeam lounge.
And there's a Concierge lounge at the check-in area.

Google map shows that gates are installed. 5 gates show 3 bridges, presumably for A380.
Oh yeah. It's "done." The only thing they're waiting on is getting duty free up and running, which is why it's slated for January instead of what it was before, which was October.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.