Wiki Posts
Search

One day layover in Seoul

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas FF Bronze
One day layover in Seoul

Hi. Got a full day to kill en route Auckland to Israel in March. Any suggestions for hotels or day trips? Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Ardentinny
Hi. Got a full day to kill en route Auckland to Israel in March. Any suggestions for hotels or day trips? Thanks.
There are quite a few local hotels but for 24 hrs probably be best to go into Seoul. I would stay centrally and either do a tour or just walk around. The metro is quite extensive if you want to plan something yourself like visit the Palace. I would use the KAL buses to get into town, many hotels will be drop off points or near to the drop off points.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Look for hotels in the Myeongdong / City Hall / Jongno area. These are all close to main tourist attractions like palaces, food markets etc. It’s the original downtown area of Seoul as well so it’s a good city feel for real Seoul with offices and restaurants and people.

Also easy access by bus or train. Take the train if you don’t have giant bags. And also there is no traffic to worry about. Expressway can be quite clogged getting to ICN depending on time of day.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:28 am

8 hours layover in ICN

Any recommendations to go out of the airport as I had read that the lounge is flat and uninteresting?
8 hrs between connecting flights onwards to USA.. THANK YOU
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
There are free tours you can book https://www.airport.kr/pa/en/d/2/3/5/index.jsp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.