Wiki Posts
Search

19hr Layover - complimentary hotel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas FF, Korean Air, Emirates FF, Mariott, IHG, Hilton
19hr Layover - complimentary hotel

I'm looking at doing SYD > LHR in March and the only option is a 19hr layover. I've previously done this layover in Seoul and don't mind it as I was given a complimentary hotel.

At that time, I booked economy with Flight Center. I headed into a FC today out of curiosity and options and the agent found the same flight as I did online but hers was $1 more expensive + $30 booking fee. I don't have the patience to add a 3rd man in the middle.

Has anyone done this route with business class/prestige class by booking themselves? How do I go about the hotel, do I call Korean Air after and confirm or... arrive at their transfer desk in Seoul?

Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
For the layover hotel, you have to call KE first and arrange it by filling out a form. Then when you arrive at ICN there is a special Korean Air Stopover Hotels desk (they will tell you location).

The cheapest fares like N, T and mileage awards don't get it.

You can also request a hotel in the city of the Seoul (about 1 hr from the airport to main downtown area) if you want to go in for some sights. Otherwise, the default hotel is the Grand Hyatt right next door to the hotel (as it's owned by KE).

Personally, I always book on the airline's website directly to avoid any hassles with IRROPS etc.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:25 pm

i may have a long layover also, but i'd have to pay for a room, since using KE award, can anyone recommend nearby hotel, free shuttle and decent room, under $100
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
There are many, many small hotels that offer free shuttle and are under 100$ in several areas surrounding the airport. A map view on any booking website will show what I mean by multiple areas- Unseo on the AREX line and even down by the monorail stations.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas FF, Korean Air, Emirates FF, Mariott, IHG, Hilton
I'll be flying business class but it's on their current sale promotion that they're having until the end of November.

I can't tell what the flight type is but it's the cheapest one that only allows points to accrue but costs to change dates/cancel flight (so not a flex ticket).

Would this still be eligible for the hotel? I'd assume so, considering last time I did it I was in the cheapest economy bucket BUT I had gone through a travel agent and I'm unsure if it WAS complimentary like he said or I paid for it.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyWithKaeMarie
I'll be flying business class but it's on their current sale promotion that they're having until the end of November.

I can't tell what the flight type is but it's the cheapest one that only allows points to accrue but costs to change dates/cancel flight (so not a flex ticket).

Would this still be eligible for the hotel? I'd assume so, considering last time I did it I was in the cheapest economy bucket BUT I had gone through a travel agent and I'm unsure if it WAS complimentary like he said or I paid for it.
I'm not being snarky, but you do realise it'd be easier to call the KE office in Sydney, right?

As is, as you haven't specified which ticket class, we can't really say. And besides, even if we could give you a definitive answer re STPC, you'd still have to call the KE office anyways...
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; QF VA CI KL KE
Originally Posted by FlyWithKaeMarie
I believe I booked this same type of fare (IBZ60WSP). I booked it through an agent. KE told me that STPC should in my case be requested by the agent. This was done and very expeditiously worked out fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.