Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

KE IAH-ICN removed from the website

KE IAH-ICN removed from the website

Old Sep 14, 17, 7:54 am
Original Poster

KE discontinues IAH-ICN

KE website does not show IAH-ICN anymore from 10/13 (last flight 10/10), which is only one month from now. KE might be adjusting time/freq but there's a chance that KE pulls away from this market. KE launched May 2014 as a daily service but has been reduced to the current 3/w.

Last edited by bobbybrown; Sep 14, 17 at 10:16 am
Old Sep 14, 17, 9:21 am
mk1

Programs: KE Morning Calm
"When making reservations, please note that flight service between Seoul/Incheon(ICN)-Houston(IAH) KE029/KE030 Flight will be discontinued from Oct.13, 2017." from the KE site.

I'm DC based, but as a native Houstonian it is still sad to see them go. They gave it a good go, but it was obviously uphill against ANA/EVA/Air China in a Star hub. Glad I got to fly this leg back in 2014.
Old Sep 14, 17, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Uh, don't know how to change the title. Didn't know KE site actually mentioned that the route is now ended.
Old Sep 14, 17, 11:11 am

I have an award ticket booked on KE29 ICN to IAH in February. I'm guessing this is going to be cancelled?

I'll be really sad if I get stuck with a bunch of KE miles that used to be Chase Points.

Last edited by Aerosfire; Sep 14, 17 at 11:41 am
Old Sep 14, 17, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aerosfire View Post
I have an award ticket booked on KE29 ICN to IAH in February. I'm guessing this is going to be cancelled?

I'll be really sad if I get stuck with a bunch of KE miles that used to be Amex Points.
KE might reroute you via ATL. Let us know later once you get a resolution with KE.

Did you mean Chase UR? (You already fixed it.) Either case, I feel sorry that you moved the points too early.
Old Sep 14, 17, 12:45 pm

Come on, UA/OZ, please!
Old Sep 14, 17, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
KE might reroute you via ATL. Let us know later once you get a resolution with KE.

Did you mean Chase UR? (You already fixed it.) Either case, I feel sorry that you moved the points too early.
KE rebooked me through LAX. Hoping I can later change to the ATL flight (only 1 award seat open now, need 2).
Old Sep 14, 17, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aerosfire View Post
KE rebooked me through LAX. Hoping I can later change to the ATL flight (only 1 award seat open now, need 2).
Thanks for the update.

In fact, next week's IAH flights (9/17 19 22) were cancelled on 9/13. Next week is just a normal low season, not a holiday week. Booking must be seriously bad.
Old Sep 15, 17, 6:58 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles DM/2MM, AA EXP, IC RA, Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
IAH pax getting cxld could also take a look at routing via DFW, probably the closest KE gateway. ORD is another option.
Old Sep 17, 17, 11:18 am
Original Poster

It's coming back from Oct 29th, 3/w 772. Feel bad with its decision - hope KE got some financial support or load factor guarantee, but not a political threat, from local authorities.
Old Sep 17, 17, 5:57 pm

Korean air Houston to Saigon via Seoul

Apologies for the 'tone' in advance... dont travel so much these days, mostly U.K. now and then and each year to Vietnam. Have been using AA/Jal and more recently, from Houston, Korean Air. Service has been fantastic, great service, roomy flight, good food/drink, etc. oh yeah, and incredible prices. Flight was generally full each time. Suddenly the service appears to have stopped! Anyone have any idea why? There's absolutely nothing posted on the intertubes, nada that I can find, yet there must be hundreds with tickets booked way in advance for this service, I also contemplated buying ready for next summers trip. I always try to avoid any American carrier component, I truly despise their service, that includes AA, continental and the rest, horrible, particularly since we travel economy. Now looks as if we're stuck with EVA or ANA. As I say, curious really, why such a great service has apparently come to an end...
Old Sep 17, 17, 7:11 pm

Opened at the wrong time, just before the oil price came down, Korean shipyard orders from Houston based firms were declining/finishing up. Case in point, my demob from Korea/mob to Houston was on this flight and was the only time I took it.

If they had been three years earlier, they would have received about ten more J round trips from me...
Old Sep 17, 17, 11:16 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
It's official. Wonder where KE will send the bird instead? Maybe adding PDX/MSP-ICN?

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...e-in-oct-2017/

I'd expect Asiana to jump into IAH-ICN now. Makes more sense star alliance hub to Star alliance hub.
Old Sep 17, 17, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
KE might be willing to rebook people onto DL flights.
Old Sep 18, 17, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
It's coming back from Oct 29th, 3/w 772. Feel bad with its decision - hope KE got some financial support or load factor guarantee, but not a political threat, from local authorities.
It's back on the website but booking isn't allowed. Must be the end.

Originally Posted by Tanaka07 View Post
It's official. Wonder where KE will send the bird instead? Maybe adding PDX/MSP-ICN?
KE has tons of long haul fleets already that are running on short-distanced flights. If it wanted to launch another route, it could be done regardless of discontinuing IAH. In fact, intra-Asian flights are doing so great that KE will find an easy use of the bird.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: