Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Booking SkyPASS Partner Award on Hawaiian Airlines

Booking SkyPASS Partner Award on Hawaiian Airlines

Old Aug 29, 17, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Question Booking SkyPASS Partner Award on Hawaiian Airlines

I am trying to use Korean SkyPASS to book a partner award LAX-HNL on Hawaiian Airlines.

Expert Flyer Shows 6 First Flex Upgrade seats (P) available on a number of flights.

I called and set up a callback with Korean, and they called and said they had no First class or Coach Available on any Hawaiian Airlines Flight +/- 4 Days from the dates I gave (April 2018).

They also said they have to book into D (maybe i heard wrong?) They said that Hawaiian won't release first class partner award space until 6 months before flight.

Is the 6 month rule accurate?
Is Expert Flyer reliable to find PARTNER Award Space on Hawaiian?
Is there a way to search availability on Hawaiian for partner space?
I can't believe EVERY flight is unavailable on any day I give... Delta actually had multiple days available in 1st.

Please Help!
Old Aug 30, 17, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Edit: Found out that Expert Flyer lists awards for that airline in their own miles. So I guess that isn't an accurate way to search for partner awards.

Any Ideas on the other ???s?
Old Sep 10, 17, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by flyer4mark View Post
Edit: Found out that Expert Flyer lists awards for that airline in their own miles. So I guess that isn't an accurate way to search for partner awards.

Any Ideas on the other ???s?
A year or two ago when I was looking at Hawaiian it seemed like award inventory tracked into the A bucket which has much less space than P. I do not know if it really does or not but give it a try. Use ExpertFlyer to do a Hawaiian Air award search. Click on P otherwise you will not be able to search for A. After selecting P also select the box below for "Other Fare Class" and put "A" in for the other fare class. Let us know if it works to find partner first inventory.
Old Dec 25, 17, 2:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Does anyone know the answer to this question? I stumbled across this thread in researching but see no final resolution was posted. I called Korean but they were not very helpful. What fare code am I looking for on ExpertFlyer to redeem Skypass miles for HA first class, West coast USA to Hawaii?
Old Dec 25, 17, 6:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Just to add: I spoke again with Korean. Itís T for coach and D for first. However, EF shows D on several dates but the Korean agent couldnít see a single one. So I tried another city that showed D availability on EF. Same result. In fact, he searched three months and found not a single D class seat that was available for Korean bookings, although EF showed them when searching Hawaiian fare code availability.
Old Feb 3, 18, 1:26 am

Interested on if anyone has had any recent success booking Hawaiian Airlines Business/First with Skypass? I can't find any D availability on EF for the next 6 months.
Old May 6, 18, 2:28 pm

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Same boat - anyone with experience? Was looking to book something for Feb 2019 using Skypass on Hawaiian Airlines - phone agent was nice but said sometimes they only get access ~6 months out. He did not see a single economy or first class seat for all of 2019.

I see plenty of inventory on EF but I guess Skypass does not have access to that inventory yet?
Old Dec 1, 19, 7:13 am

Programs: AA-1MM, AS, US, BA, UA, AGR-Select
Anyone know how HA defines Asia for KE awards? Does 60K HA miles get you a biz award SYD-ICN-DEL or AKL-ICN-TYO r/t, for example? Thx.

Also, there's a similar issue trying to book VS awards using HA. I think we're getting screwed here - I asked the agent to look up VS Upper Class award space on JFK/BOS/JNB/CPT for multiple months and they saw NOTHING even on days where VS showed 2-3 G class seats available.
Old Dec 1, 19, 9:47 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club, JL Mileage Bank
Originally Posted by bennytma View Post
Anyone know how HA defines Asia for KE awards? Does 60K HA miles get you a biz award SYD-ICN-DEL or AKL-ICN-TYO r/t, for example? Thx.

Also, there's a similar issue trying to book VS awards using HA. I think we're getting screwed here - I asked the agent to look up VS Upper Class award space on JFK/BOS/JNB/CPT for multiple months and they saw NOTHING even on days where VS showed 2-3 G class seats available.
I doubt many will know here - try asking HA forum members.

Search this Thread