Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Booking Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Award Booking Questions

Hello,

Have a couple award booking question as I'm new to the program. I'm currently flying BKK:ICN:LAX in F and was wondering if they will let me book BKK:ICN:SFO:SNA with the SFO:SNA leg on their partner, AS.

Additionally, I'm told that you can put an award reservation on hold, but when I called to do this the agent didn't seem like she wanted to do that and suggested that I put the reservation on hold on-line. When I went to the website, I didn't see any ability to do this. Should I just call back and try a different agent?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:33 pm
formerly RZachSmith

You cannot book a one way award involving partners - if any partners are involved, I believe the award would have to be round trip.

I had no problems getting my recent JFK-ICN-SIN award put on hold over the phone. I simply went through the standard process of booking the award, and when we got to the end I told the agent I would need to transfer miles in to be able to complete the booking and asker her to place it on hold. She did so without hesitation or concern.

I didn't tell her I was doing this from the beginning, but I was asked to verify both my and my wife's skypass account info before we got very far into the process, so I assume the agent could see I didn't yet have the miles to complete the booking. The whole process was smooth, so yes I would recommend just calling back and trying again.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm wondering about a mixed Skyteam award too but am having trouble. Is it possible to book KE + DL (like MCO-ATL-ICN) round trip with an open jaw?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RZachSmith

I had no problems getting my recent JFK-ICN-SIN award put on hold over the phone. I simply went through the standard process of booking the award, and when we got to the end I told the agent I would need to transfer miles in to be able to complete the booking and asker her to place it on hold. She did so without hesitation or concern.
I recently had a very similar experience. I have never flown KE before, and when I was having trouble finding the routing I wanted online, I called Korean Air. After we had found the routing I wanted, she asked for my SkyPass number, and I told her that I didn't have any miles in my account. She said "Oh, that's no problem, I will hold the reservation for you for 30 days, and you can log in online to pay."

So in my case, I didn't even know that they would hold a reservation without payment, yet they offered to do so without me asking.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:57 pm

Does anyone know if I can place a hold for multiple awards (family) if I don't have them added to my family plan yet? Wanting to book for the whole family but can't find kids' birth certs right now. Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by yakk0
Does anyone know if I can place a hold for multiple awards (family) if I don't have them added to my family plan yet? Wanting to book for the whole family but can't find kids' birth certs right now. Thanks.
My gut feeling is that they will not hold tix for anyone not in your family plan yet. Have you tried uploading a tax return with sensitive info like SSN redacted? I did that in lieu of marriage cert and a few days later spouse appeared in my family account. I also uploaded passports. You could try the tax return and see if it works.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by yakk0
I've done it twice now for trips with my fiance and without a family plan. We aren't going the family plan route but we each have our own SkyPass account. Our Chase UR accounts are linked so once a ticket is on hold it's easy for me to transfer the necessary points from each Chase account into each SkyPass account and then finish the ticketing process online.

For what it's worth, I've always told them I need XXXXX routing for two people and they've always proceeded to simply ask me to provide the 2nd SkyPass account # and verify her info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.