Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Emirates award availability - Does KE access a different inventory?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75

Hi! I'm trying to book a round trip J ticket with KE miles flying EK. Basic itin: DXB-IAD-DXB. I see seats available on the dates I want using when I check AS, EK, QF and JL (over the phone) but KE reps are telling me that no seats are available. Does KE have different/restricted access to EK award seats? Do I need to HUCA until I get the right agent? (which is a pain since they need to call you back for EK awards). Any info would be greatly appreciated it.

PS: Does KE passes the YQ fuel surcharges on these tickets? TIA!
Old May 24, 2017, 4:49 pm

I don't know about EK inventory for KE, but I do know that heavy YQ is imposed on EK flights when using KE miles.
EK flights are not worth booking with KE miles IMHO.
Old May 25, 2017, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
Originally Posted by agjil
I don't know about EK inventory for KE, but I do know that heavy YQ is imposed on EK flights when using KE miles.
EK flights are not worth booking with KE miles IMHO.
Yep, I know KE passes YQ but I was looking for some input since it looks like they have a very limited access to EK inventory.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:36 pm

I'm curious about this as well. I found availability for a flight via EK, QF and Expert Flyer, but the KE agent was not able to see it. Wondering if it's an issue with the agent, or they limit some of their inventory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.