Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
At that time, you might not get a shower in the KE lounge. That's busy time as all SE Asia passengers transit to the US on morning flights....and from the other way - early AM US arrivals to the rest of Asia. If they're full, try the free showers in the Rest & Relax area.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Marriott Platinum SPG Gold National Emerald
Just spent a long (14 hr) layover. Lots of great food options but well worth going thru the hassle to go outside security and have a meal. There's a Korean resto "Pyunghwaok" owned by a Michelin * chef who opened Jungsik. Not a * resto itself but it has great comfort food and very reasonable, under $15. If you're craving American comfort food there's a Smashburger

Anyway, regarding lounges, the free to all Transfer lounge has better chairs, a nice sleeper area, attractive open space, showers, and is really the best I've seen any where for a freebie.

Didn't see the First lounge. Went and presented myself as a Million Miler, but they don't credit SkyTeam, only KE status.

The Prestige lounge is nice, new, and non-descript, if not bland. Showers are excellent though, very good rain shower heads with good water volume. Wine is terrible, beer is OK, food is limited but serviceable. I thought the seating options, while numerous, were terrible.
However this terminal has a lot of food options just across from the lounges and they are very reasonably priced, the fairest pricing I've seen in any airport, especially for the quality and service.

Terminal 2 is a beaut...
Wangja and FlyingKansan like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:52 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Hawaiino
Didn't see the First lounge. Went and presented myself as a Million Miler, but they don't credit SkyTeam, only KE status.
First lounge is right next to million miler lounge - entry on right for first and left for million miler.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Are there semi-private sleeping pods in the new lounge, similar to the old lounge in Terminal 1, which has a precious few lined up against the rail? If so, where can they be found?

Husband has a long morning connection and might like to catch some zzzs.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:57 am

Our flight arrives at ICN at 5:15 a.m., and we need to catch a flight at GMP at 9:20. Would we be able to make it to the lounge, shower, get a bite to eat, and head to GMP in time? We don't have any checked bags just carry on.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
At that time, you might not get a shower in the KE lounge. That's busy time as all SE Asia passengers transit to the US on morning flights....and from the other way - early AM US arrivals to the rest of Asia. If they're full, try the free showers in the Rest & Relax area.
Report: we got to the KE Prestige West lounge around 06:20, and it was rather empty, so access to the shower was immediate. Spotless and stocked with the basics, it was just the thing after a long flight from SFO.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: Miles and More, Flying Blue, AA Advantage
Passed by ICN, checked out the new Prestige lounge at Terminal 2, agree with the above: better layout, same food, alcohol not really worth trying. I was there twice and it was always rather busy.

The problem with KE is that most food has been the same for at least several year, and there seems to be little interest for scouting for more appealing reasonably priced wines -- the same applies to inflight meals, unfortunately.

KE maintains a lounge at the Terminal 1 Concourse though it does not fly there anymore (if it ever did, which I cannot recall). The Terminal 1 Concourse is becoming a low cost airlines terminal. I was there because CZ and MU still fly from there, which is, in turn, confusing because the road signs say to go to Terminal 2 for Sky Team airlines.

Anyway, I asked out of curiosity at the reception if KE plans to keep that lounge open but was unable to get an answer for linguistic reasons. Does anyone know?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:22 am

T1 Concourse USED to be a mix of all airlines (back when T1 itself was only Asiana and Korean Air). So all SkyTeam was there from the beginning - hence why they have a KE lounge there.

The Chinese Skyteam airlines (MU is all that's left I believe) haven't moved yet, but presumably they will. They have a bigger operation than all the others so that's presumably why it's taking time. The other SkyTeam airlines moved to T2 at end of Oct, but they all just have like 1-2 max 3 flights a day out.

Presumably, once all SkyTeam airlines are out of other terminals - the odd lounge would go, too.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
The T1 concourse is still used by MU, CZ and VN. MU have their own lounge so the KE lounge at the concourse is still used for CZ, VN and some other unaffiliated airlines. When the T2 expansion opens then MU and VN will move to T2 so the lounge might close, but they may keep it open as a contract lounge for CZ and the unaffiliated airlines.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Hello.

In a few months I might do the following in ICN.

Arrive to Terminal 1 @ 4:25 am

need to pick up luggage and therefore clear immigration (I dont need a visa)

Depart from Terminal 2 @ 10 am

My question is, since I would probably want to use some Priority Pass Lounge of Terminal before flying out, can I connect to terminal 2 airside after clearing security?

Thank you
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:04 am

If you pick up luggage that means you exit landside - so you have to take the shuttle bus from T1 Arrivals to T2. The free shuttle is faster than the train. The train is 6 mins in length, yes, but a 10 min walk down there, have to buy a ticket, wait for it (up to 12 mins)....so just take the free bus. Then you check in at T2. Once inside T2, to connect to Concourse or T1 from there - you need a boarding pass which must be scanned.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:00 pm

If you pick up luggage that means you exit landside - so you have to take the shuttle bus from T1 Arrivals to T2. The free shuttle is faster than the train. The train is 6 mins in length, yes, but a 10 min walk down there, have to buy a ticket, wait for it (up to 12 mins)....so just take the free bus. Then you check in at T2. Once inside T2, to connect to Concourse or T1 from there - you need a boarding pass which must be scanned.
Thank you!

Since I arrive this early I think the best option is the KE lounge in T1
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:57 am

You cannot access the T1 lounge if you have to exit the airport to get bags and change terminals. We need some more information from you. What are your first and second flights? One ticket? Do they have a luggage interline agreement?

If you enter landside through T1 to get your bags and then change terminals to T2 for your next flight - you can only use the Priority Pass Lounges in T2.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:19 pm

You cannot access the T1 lounge if you have to exit the airport to get bags and change terminals. We need some more information from you. What are your first and second flights? One ticket? Do they have a luggage interline agreement?

If you enter landside through T1 to get your bags and then change terminals to T2 for your next flight - you can only use the Priority Pass Lounges in T2.
So T1 and T2 are not connected landside? Or someone with a departing from T2 ticket cannot access to T1 PP lounges because of lounge policy?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by sodaisei
So T1 and T2 are not connected landside? Or someone with a departing from T2 ticket cannot access to T1 PP lounges because of lounge policy?
They are some distance apart. While there is a train and also a bus between terminals, you won't get airside (where all the lounges are) without a boarding pass from the relevant terminal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.